Thinking single turbo, got a few questions

Stroked777

Reaction score
How many people have experimented with the 467fmw? Would that be another option over the 366? How much more power gain out the 67 over 66? And how would it be on stock fuel

Reaction score
How many people have experimented with the 467fmw? Would that be another option over the 366? How much more power gain out the 67 over 66? And how would it be on stock fuel

A 467 is a totally different charger. You talking an s400 vs s300. It will not work with our s300 kit. We will have an s400 kit out soon but for now you'd have to build your own or but the pedastal and make the rest work for a s400. And the s400 will spool slower comparatively.

Also has anyone ran a internally gated turbo on single setup? Or is it not possible or wouldn't work

Not needed unless your gonna spray the ballz off it. And you can use a normal 6.4 gate kit that bolts onto factory up-pipe egr provision. There are plenty of those available out there.

Stroked777

Reaction score
how would a stage one cam effect a single turbo? i know the cam broadens the power band but how would running it with a single effect it? would it still be just as broad minus a turbo

Reaction score
how would a stage one cam effect a single turbo? i know the cam broadens the power band but how would running it with a single effect it? would it still be just as broad minus a turbo

It will be even better. The extra drive pressure created by a larger cam will help spool and keeps the power band pulling hp higher. And since singles love rpm, a cam is a great addition.

B585Ford

Reaction score
It will be even better. The extra drive pressure created by a larger cam will help spool and keeps the power band pulling hp higher. And since singles love rpm, a cam is a great addition.

I realize the stage (lift and duration) will be a factor, but would you expect a cam on a single (or even a compound) to raise the drive pressure mostly down low (when trying to spool the turbo) or would the effects be about the same in all RPMs up to redline?

Reaction score
I realize the stage (lift and duration) will be a factor, but would you expect a cam on a single (or even a compound) to raise the drive pressure mostly down low (when trying to spool the turbo) or would the effects be about the same in all RPMs up to redline?

Well cam timing is fixed through out the rpm range so yes it will create more drive at all RPMs. It's most needed/noticed at lower RPMs to aid in spooling. After that the higher exhaust pulse needs to be relived or higher BP will result.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Well cam timing is fixed through out the rpm range so yes it will create more drive at all RPMs. It's most needed/noticed at lower RPMs to aid in spooling. After that the higher exhaust pulse needs to be relived or higher BP will result.

Thanks, that's helpful. Since I am already gated, sounds like one more part I will "need" when I get in that deep into the engine.

Stroked777

Reaction score
No it's a stage one I'm pretty sure (don't think it listed it as a stage just comparing to other stage one cam specs). No need for reliefs I was told

Poglife

Reaction score
I have a stage 2 from morgan with compounds and my bp gets pegged out down low with the Spartan. waiting on getting tune from gearhead to see if itll help

Latest posts

Members online