Time for more air... 71mm vgt & 86mm S510

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Dustin knows I have love. I live through people like him who aren't gunshy on trying to make power.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Thanks guys.

Disclaimer.... all vids will be taken on a closed course by a professional driver :D

All fun aside I don't know on the smoke yet it was dark. I'm betting its smoky right now. I think I had a non vgt tune in it

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Thanks guys.

Disclaimer.... all vids will be taken on a closed course by a professional driver :D

All fun aside I don't know on the smoke yet it was dark. I'm betting its smoky right now. I think I had a non vgt tune in it

So when you say non VGT tune, you mean the VGT part of the turbo was at a "default" position?? Would the default position mean the vanes are open and not closed to start with??

About the professional driver. Who are you going to hire??? :confused:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Just thought i would give everyone an update since i got the truck running on monday and driveable.

I lowered the front another 1inch or so and im loving the stance, still having issues with the rear driveshaft or something because i have a vibration even with the stock driveshaft, planning on getting my upgraded one cut and seeing what happens from there.

Ok now to the good stuff

Truck will make 55psi total boost on xstreet with 1.75ms of pw. Big charger is making 15psi and holds well between shifts. On xrace i can make the same boost but the rail pressure falls to 18k so it starts to loose boost up top, waiting on injection lines for the cp3 hopefully 2 weeks out on that...

Truck drives pretty good, have to drive with tow haul on most of the time to keep smoke down but all and all im pretty happy, 10psi of boost nets 2 psi from the big charger 20 psi nets 5 psi from the big charger, big charger actually seams to be pretty happy with everything actually. Just need more fuel to see what its really going to do but all and all... very happy with how things are working.

Sound in the cab is back down to stock levels, you can hear the intake much clearer now, like engine noise, hard to explain but even when i ran the single it wasnt like this, not sure if its the air filter or what, exhaust is super quiet, and really all you can hear on the inside is the chargers, sounds ***in awesome, i dont know if a camera will pick up how bad ass it sounds but im loving it.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Are you using the stock length drive shaft Dustin? No mods to it at all

no and i compressed it all the way, its close to being bottomed out but its not quiet there, i also dont have traction bars so that might be part of my problem since i took out the main leaf in the spring pack on the rear, might be the pinion going up under acceleration... not fully sure on that.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Nice, cant wait to see her in action.

my plan is to put it on the dyno for the event in my signature, with or without dual fuelers (cuz its a good cause) im betting it makes at least 50 more hp then it did with the procharger and lacking fuel

Danbonzo

Reaction score
Cool that its working out for you, gotta love it when a plan comes together. How's it spool up? Much lag? Gotta be way better than the single.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.