Time for more air... 71mm vgt & 86mm S510

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Is it close enough that you think it may compress and bind under load?
It could be
Cool that its working out for you, gotta love it when a plan comes together. How's it spool up? Much lag? Gotta be way better than the single.

It makes 10 psi at 1500 rpm converter locked in overdrive, i can probably make more if i let some serious smoke roll just havent found a place good to do it. It makes boost faster than it did with the procharger/gt4294 and a SUPER tight exhaust housing. Just drives different tho.

Its still kinda laggy but im still getting used to it and the tuning, i havent ran extreme race in so long im learning how to drive a touchy peddle and large jumps in the timing tables under part throttle/higher rpm stuff, but i can drive it basically smoke free, i just have to be smart about it.

I was alittle worried the mass air flow was going to freak out about going from a 4 inch inlet pipe to a 6 inch pipe but it doesnt seam to care much

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I do see this thing needed some custom tuning, i could see an added benifit to raising desired back pressure a bit to keep the vgt duty cycle up and help spool the turbos just a bit better, but i have noticed that with max powers and stuff too.

Towing however... not going to happen lol, egts like to be around 1000 degrees, thats where the turbos like to start spooling, so i dont think towing will do too well. LOL

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Is there any chance that your tune could be tweaked to make it spool better??

Glad you are using it and enjoying it.. Thanks for the update.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Is there any chance that your tune could be tweaked to make it spool better??

Glad you are using it and enjoying it.. Thanks for the update.

definatly, i should probably spend the money to have someone come here and live tune it honestly, just hard for anyone to tune at altitude unless your up here. But by all means im happy with it, the 71mm turbo im running now flows more air as a single than anything other than the precision i ran at the dpc, so the fact that it spools faster than anything i have run im stoked about.

Danbonzo

Reaction score
It could be

It makes 10 psi at 1500 rpm converter locked in overdrive, i can probably make more if i let some serious smoke roll just havent found a place good to do it. It makes boost faster than it did with the procharger/gt4294 and a SUPER tight exhaust housing. Just drives different tho.

Its still kinda laggy but im still getting used to it and the tuning, i havent ran extreme race in so long im learning how to drive a touchy peddle and large jumps in the timing tables under part throttle/higher rpm stuff, but i can drive it basically smoke free, i just have to be smart about it.

I was alittle worried the mass air flow was going to freak out about going from a 4 inch inlet pipe to a 6 inch pipe but it doesnt seam to care much

Thats probably the best description I've heard so far on the mannerism's of the sequential turbo setup running race files on a 6.4. I've been running race tunes for just about 2 years now and I still experience that 2 day learning curve to reprogram my brain/foot whenever I load a different file in. I always feel like a tard the first few acceleration cycles away from the red light with a touchy tune like the 310. Also I'm always scoping my right side view mirror to monitor the coal plume. I think once I get the lag timing down in my brain's call response I just automatically adjust for it by rolling it on a split second quicker to make it a smoother more seamless driver, but then if your to quick on the throttle you burp a big black cloud.
I see high power's in my future LOL

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
I do see this thing needed some custom tuning, i could see an added benifit to raising desired back pressure a bit to keep the vgt duty cycle up and help spool the turbos just a bit better, but i have noticed that with max powers and stuff too.

Towing however... not going to happen lol, egts like to be around 1000 degrees, thats where the turbos like to start spooling, so i dont think towing will do too well. LOL

Water injection?

SSpeeDEMONSS

Reaction score
Water injection?

pressure_washers.jpg

Garrett

blk350on20s

Reaction score
I see your running the VGT cooler but cant see the coolant resevoir for it. Did you just get rid of it and close the system or relocate it? Ryan

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I see your running the VGT cooler but cant see the coolant resevoir for it. Did you just get rid of it and close the system or relocate it? Ryan

The lines are hooked up but there is no coolant in the system

Sent from my DROIDX

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Waiting for empire to make me some injection lines...

Buddy just left for home this morning so im imagining a couple weeks out. Hope he can get them.for me before the Dynojet event on the 8th...

Sent from my DROIDX

Dzchey21

Reaction score
but suprisingly this new ford pump i got is working quiet well...

Before with a modded pump 60 nozzles and 2.25 ms of pw i would drop to 21k rail pressure sometimes lower if the fuel was hot

Now i have 110s and 2.25 ms of pw and i drop only to about 20k, still pulls hard, but i cant wait to see what it does with full rail pressure, I would really like a bigger nozzle but i need to be confident in the tuning first

blk350on20s

Reaction score
No i meant the resevior. I know he doesnt have the cooler. Niether do i. Dustin thats what i want to hear. I think im gonna pull the vgt cooler and resevior tomorrow. Clean the motor bay up a ton

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.