Time for more air... 71mm vgt & 86mm S510

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I didn't get picks muts set up will still be a little different then production I think. Mostly in yhr lines. I like this bracket because I can take the pump off and leave the pulley... very nice.

More progress Sunday I hope I got bends for the downpipe hopefully I get somewhere this weekend truckfest is comming fast

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I didn't get picks muts set up will still be a little different then production I think. Mostly in yhr lines. I like this bracket because I can take the pump off and leave the pulley... very nice.

More progress Sunday I hope I got bends for the downpipe hopefully I get somewhere this weekend truckfest is comming fast

anything i can do to help, let me know.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
anything i can do to help, let me know.

Thanks Mike... just need time more than anything start working from 5:30-4 next week so time is only going to get worse. Prob going to take a day off after I get this big job in the shop done

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Didn't get far this thing is a monster

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1311551509737.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1311551509737.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 164

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Looks good Dustin. With the weight of that turbo r u gonna use some more supports?
I like the CP3 mount, cant wait to get one.

Matt

Reaction score
Looks good, buddy. I'm ready to order a cp3 set up, hopefully they release it soon.

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Looks good, buddy. I'm ready to order a cp3 set up, hopefully they release it soon.

Ive been talking with Empire and they said maybe 2 weeks from release. They r waiting on CNC quotes for the brackets. I cant wait. The pump on Dustins truck looks like it sits perfect and i will be able to keep my CAC pipe.

Matt

Reaction score
Did you hear anything on pricing? You can pm me, so as to not much up Dustin's thread.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Thanks guys I am going to add one more brace off the alternator bracket but honestly I don't think ill need it. I ended up making a bracket similar to Jon but the cp3 and other things didn't allow it to work right because it pushed the Turbo too far back as you can see here.

This new bracket I made is pretty strong actually felt better doing it this way rather the. Off the exhaust studs. My manifolds required a spacer to work right which added to the leverage on the bracket.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1311554169401.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1311554169401.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 157

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Here is the bracket under the cp3 and over the alternator.... just barely fits

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1311554231320.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1311554231320.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 143

CAT35niner

Reaction score
It looks really good and the turbo sits perfect in there. By the looks of the CP3 mount u should have no problems. Cant wait to see how it runs.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
It's not going to be done over night but I think the biggest hurdle is done for now. Hopefully I have the high pressure Turbo next Werks and I can get started on the painful task of piping

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Yeah oil drain, there is no way I could hold the Turbo and start bolts in tue exhaust housing. Actually these particular turbos have problems with the exhaust housings cracking because of allbthe weight hanging in front, which is how i even got the turbo to begin with, so i wasnt a huge fan of hanging it there anyway, im pretty happy with how its mounted, im also going to run a plate from the water jackets on the side of the housing to the valve cover, probably to the oil fill plate, just for a little extra peice of mine, the turbo is heavy the truck vibrates and bounces, i really dont want it falling and ending up as road kill LOL

No Jon I ended up moving my Turbo so far forward i figured we were in about the same spot. Yes your gating is going to be a chore
If you still want some pics ill try and snap them but actuall from what i can tell the only thing thats really moved on my truck is the fender support, which is cut out.

Nitrous lines will be a fun thing to do now too, but all of it will come in time, i want it right, i spent alot of time today ( with the big help from mike haller) on making sure that the turbo didnt come close to the hood fenders or anything else that might cause some noise in the cab, flat sick of vibrations

Last edited:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Wastegate piping and downpipe is going to suck on mine. Did you get a pic of the firewall by chance?

i dont think the down pipe is going to be all that hard, after i bent the inner fender support out of the way it really opened things up, i planed that out today as well, and im pretty free and clear of the a/c lines and wire harness's from what i can tell now...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.