torque app for 6.7

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
I wish the torque app was for iphone. Anyone know if they plan on making an app for iphone?

somebody swore up and down the other day he had it on his apple product (can't remember if it was on here or in person somebody told me that). that being said I haven't found it yet in the apple store so I use my 7" tablet. truthfully just pick up some sketchy person's used, pre-paid android smartphone off of craigslist for like $20-$40 (depending on size and condition). make sure it has bluetooth & wifi connectivity (what phone doesn't have those features?) along with enough storage left to download the app and the custom PID's for the 6.7's then just use that as your full time monitoring screen. I was about to do that but wanted a larger screen so I picked up this dirt cheap android tablet from Walmart for like $80. I literally just ordered one of the ELM327 OBD-II bluetooth adapters last night for $5 off ebay since they seem to work with the 6.7L powerstroke platform. For another $20 or so you can pick up a used android phone and all together for $25 (plugin and android device) be able to monitor almost every parameter of the truck any other monitoring system offers or that you would really care to monitor. the ridiculously long list of options in that custom PID list you can download will make you wanna give up after a while lol. I chose like 10 parameters after an hour of looking thru them all. I don't think there's another monitoring platform out there anywhere near that price point lol. sure it updates slightly slower than most real time data monitoring devices (maybe a tenth of a second if your that peculiar) but are your reactions or need to process that info another tenth of a second really gonna matter unless your doing it for all out racing purposes? probably not...

Last edited:

08Monster

Reaction score
somebody swore up and down the other day he had it on his apple product (can't remember if it was on here or in person somebody told me that). that being said I haven't found it yet in the apple store so I use my 7" tablet. truthfully just pick up some sketchy person's used, pre-paid android smartphone off of craigslist for like $20-$40 (depending on size and condition). make sure it has bluetooth & wifi connectivity (what phone doesn't have those features?) along with enough storage left to download the app and the custom PID's for the 6.7's then just use that as your full time monitoring screen. I was about to do that but wanted a larger screen so I picked up this dirt cheap android tablet from Walmart for like $80. I literally just ordered one of the ELM327 OBD-II bluetooth adapters last night for $5 off ebay since they seem to work with the 6.7L powerstroke platform. For another $20 or so you can pick up a used android phone and all together for $25 (plugin and android device) be able to monitor almost every parameter of the truck any other monitoring system offers or that you would really care to monitor. the ridiculously long list of options in that custom PID list you can download will make you wanna give up after a while lol. I chose like 10 parameters after an hour of looking thru them all. I don't think there's another monitoring platform out there anywhere near that price point lol. sure it updates slightly slower than most real time data monitoring devices (maybe a tenth of a second if your that peculiar) but are your reactions or need to process that info another tenth of a second really gonna matter unless your doing it for all out racing purposes? probably not...
Where do you download the 6.7 specific parameters?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
Where do you download the 6.7 specific parameters?

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70351&page=3

and also follow these instructions given to me by strokin20 for reading the EGT sensor when you have deleeted the 3GR system:

Here's a link to the place I got the PID. this link should take you to page 33, which is where the info I used is. And it's in post number 485.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1322804-torque-pro-ford-6-7l-extended-pids-33.html

somewhere in that thread there is a link to an online dropbox of all the custom PID's I believe. I don't remember where as I did all this several months ago. You also have to tell the Torque Pro app to use these custom PID's but I don't recall those steps exactly either. google it using our forum's name and the other forum's name and you'll usually find all this stuff in a few minutes

Last edited:

08Monster

Reaction score
Do you know if it's possible to change them from Celsius to Fahrenheit?

08Monster

Reaction score
Misunderstood recent posts, I'm dereted with egr still present, I can not read egts with this. Damn

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
anyone find transmission control pids to dig into dtc's by chance?

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
anybody having issues connecting the torque app to the adapter? I can't get the app to connect to either my ELM327 mini or my Vlink bluetooth adapters. yet the torque app works fine on one of our 6.0L fleet trucks. Bluetooth wise my android tablet will connect/pair with both of them. yet the light on both adapters only shows up red. anybody have any suggestions?

PDT1081

Reaction score
:pointlaugh:
anybody having issues connecting the torque app to the adapter? I can't get the app to connect to either my ELM327 mini or my Vlink bluetooth adapters. yet the torque app works fine on one of our 6.0L fleet trucks. Bluetooth wise my android tablet will connect/pair with both of them. yet the light on both adapters only shows up red. anybody have any suggestions?
What happens if you unplug the adapter then plug it back in? I have the MX adapter and it gets in fits every once in awhile where it won't connect until I unplug it and plug it back in.

Also, I have 2 of the cheaper adapters that won't read everything the MX does. The one won't read anything at all.

Last edited:

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
:pointlaugh:
What happens if you unplug the adapter then plug it back in? I have the MX adapter and it gets in fits every once in awhile where it won't connect until I unplug it and plug it back in.

Also, I have 2 of the cheaper adapters that won't read everything the MX does. The one won't read anything at all.

i'll try that this evening and see. I turn the key to the glow plug position, plug in the adapter and then nothing ever seems to connect between the ECU and the adapter according to the Torque app

Notneb

Reaction score
Mine takes 30sec to sync sometimes, especially if I take my tablet out of the truck. I use Bluetooth because the wifi ELM wouldn't work at all. Try leaving the device you have the app on, in your truck if you ever do finally get it to sync.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
i dont think i have ever had a connection problem with a cheapy and the mx bluetooth adapters.

are you guys keeping the app up ro date? i know mine has done a couple updates and works well..

only issue i think i have is if i leave the mx adapter plugged in when truck is off and i leave it for however long, the lights will flash😨. lmao!! and sometimes it turns my traction control back on... only thing that i can think of that nakes it do that... or just out of coincidence, quits when i decide to unplug the adapter.

live life full throttle

strokin20

Reaction score
i dont think i have ever had a connection problem with a cheapy and the mx bluetooth adapters.

are you guys keeping the app up ro date? i know mine has done a couple updates and works well..

only issue i think i have is if i leave the mx adapter plugged in when truck is off and i leave it for however long, the lights will flash😨. lmao!! and sometimes it turns my traction control back on... only thing that i can think of that nakes it do that... or just out of coincidence, quits when i decide to unplug the adapter.

live life full throttle

Mine does the same thing with the lights. It will also make the transmission do some funky shifting. Thought I needed a new transmission the first time it happened, then I unplugged the adapter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Mine does the same thing with the lights. It will also make the transmission do some funky shifting. Thought I needed a new transmission the first time it happened, then I unplugged the adapter.

whoa... cant imagine it being good on the truck.. it ended up killing my batteries when i got sent to another yard to work for a week and i left it plugged in.. lol

live life full throttle

Colotl

Reaction score
Setting the OBD2 protocol to automatic would make my 2015 F250 experience the same issues when left plugged in. The transmission being jumpy was scary. I changed the OBD2 protocol to ISO 15765-4 Can (29bit 500k baud) and problems went away. It's been connected for almost a year with no issues. Try it out.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

strokin20

Reaction score
Setting the OBD2 protocol to automatic would make my 2015 F250 experience the same issues when left plugged in. The transmission being jumpy was scary. I changed the OBD2 protocol to ISO 15765-4 Can (29bit 500k baud) and problems went away. It's been connected for almost a year with no issues. Try it out.

Awesome thanks for that. I'll give it a ****.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

thanks for sharing man!! ill be doing that tonight after work!

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online