Tuning 101 - Thread Merged with Injector Posts

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
What ever route you go I would invest in a hydra chip. Thy way when you get tunes and tweaks done by your tunner you just plug in the cord and load the new tune. Also I recommend PHP and gh both of them know what they are doing. I like both because they tune on the safe and smooth side. I also used to like my swamps tunes because of the raw power felt down low compared to the others.
welcome back man. i see its been over a year since you been on here prior to this month.

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

jaybuller

Reaction score
Yeah thanks, I've had a busy year with the Uscg been at sea a looooot this past year. Getting back to the forum and I'm glad to see the 7.3 discussions still going strong!

Charles

Reaction score
So do I need to call Crowz or is somebody on the site going to set up the filesharing?

Probably been 5 years since I asked for this last time. We need to man up and have a way to do it now.

Somebody could take the file I'm running right now on my 02 and add their expertise to it, so on and so forth. 2 are better than 1, 4 better than 2, so on and so forth.

JD3020

Reaction score
Subscribing. LOL Been out of tuning my truck for too long to have much input, but definitely following for some different idea's/theories on what to do. Hope to be playing with 250/200%'s and a S468 soon.

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
In for info as well, I have another truck that I'm getting going that I could possibly tinker with the tuning my self

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Charles

Reaction score
I tried to shove a 224k file into the photo sharing section of the site. I changed the extension to .jpg and that got it to start processing it but it washed out because of a thumbnail problem.

There's got to be an easy way to fileshare this stuff. Posting map images is only a bandaid. If you don't have the whole file, in it's unmodified entirety, I have never found a program to run as intended. There's too much background bullsh*t happening elsewhere in the calibrations.

JD3020

Reaction score
Would something like dropbox work?

I could be mistaken but i think the biggest problem is you can only look at and mod the tunes for the .mdf files you purchase from PHP. For example i have VCAB0_02(97 OBS auto, TDE1), so i can only look at those files. Could be wrong though, i've only messed with tunes for my OBS, and i've swapped files with a couple people in the past that also had OBS's.

PABowhunter

Reaction score
Will Dropbox or Google Drive work?

With Dropbox you could share the link so that others can view it, but they can't edit it from your link. They could download it, edit it, and then share it back with you though.

Or you could set up a shared folder, as long as people don't mess with the original files and appropriately name revisions.

Charles

Reaction score
It needs to be served from this site server. That way there are no bullsh*t passwords or similar to get in the way. Just the same as this site serves photos now. Just .bin files instead.

The files are tiny, and the bandwidth usage should be equally tiny. If the bandwidth got to mean anything (which I don't ever see happening) the site could just plop a $5 price on each download via paypal, lol. Wouldn't take long to recoup bandwidth cost like that.

In reality, there's like 20 of us that would use this infrequently. I'll call Crowz if I remember in the morning. Or wait..... he's in Alaska??? Maybe he's up now.

Charles

Reaction score
I talked to Crowz, no problem.

Gotta talk to Garrett and see what he thinks.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Google drive would work, but I agree with Charles that it needs to be accessable from this site. That way your not jumping from one to the other while trying to look at and discuss files.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Sweet. I can't see why he wouldn't want this unless the tuners that support the site have a beef with it.

Dun dun dun!! Im guessing some people have already spoken...

We may have to go see if php forum is working...

Charles

Reaction score
Worst-case we would have to load them all up elsewhere and link them back here. Surely nobody would run us off the site to keep people happy that caused the whole problem by not doing their jobs in the first place! Because the only people I see that could even potentially cause a fuss would be people that suck at tuning. Even then.... it would be a free clinic of files they could use to get their game on par.

Secondly..... if these people were offering files for the target demographic the need wouldn't exist for what we're doing now in the first place. And I don't expect to be uploading any sweet files for an AD anytime soon anyway, lol. So their intake/exhaust/chip bread & butter isn't affected by a PTP tuning sub-forum.

People running AD's don't exactly go around dialing their files in all the time, lol. Nobody cares..... it's an AD!!!

LOL

Last edited:

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Ya, I really can't see the tuners getting that upset about this. Most likely there will only be a handful of us thatstart tuning on our own from this and most of us have been at this long enough that we have already bought tunes from at least one of the tuners on here if not more.

I personally have bought from 3 and have a 4th waiting for my truck to run again.

Latest posts

Members online