Tuning 101 - Thread Merged with Injector Posts

Charles

Reaction score
Cody, I keep forgetting to ask, but with extra delay, and running that clean, what's the nozzle vop? Might be the culprit.

cleatus12r

Reaction score
I guess I wouldn't know. I'd have to talk to my builder. I need to get with him anyway since I need some 80% nozzles put on some new AAs I have here for the '95.

Last edited:

ja_cain

Reaction score
Cody, I keep forgetting to ask, but with extra delay, and running that clean, what's the nozzle vop? Might be the culprit.
That's a great question! If the opening pressure is higher, that may significantly effect initial atomization.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
Just some info, I have not found evidence of altered VOP on the injectors that are made for the 99% of consumers. And in all honesty with all the other easy modifications that we see skipped, it would be useless to alter that.

And do you have an idea of what your required pw would be on a set of AA with 80%? Your are talking ridiculously fast.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
And do you have an idea of what your required pw would be on a set of AA with 80%? Your are talking ridiculously fast.

I'm not even sure you can use the words ridiculously fast when describing HEUI injectors with a straight face.

While we are at it.... how is an AA with 80% tip any faster than say any other A code based injector with an 80% tip??

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
I'm not even sure you can use the words ridiculously fast when describing HEUI injectors with a straight face.

While we are at it.... how is an AA with 80% tip any faster than say any other A code based injector with an 80% tip??

Watch out what you discuss. If it's not to certain peoples liking here people get their panties in a wad.

Pretty sure I know a bit about fast injectors.

When I talk about "fast" I reference being able to empty.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Watch out what you discuss. If it's not to certain peoples liking here people get their panties in a wad.

Its my thread and I would like to hear the answer to HRT's question.

I believe that anything related to tuning should be discussed here. Cover the system as a whole is the best way to understand it.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score

Don’t be too proud of this technological terror you’ve constructed. The ability to empty an injector is insignificant next to the ability to have a truly fast injector.

Fast represents flow rate - not slower than molasses in January but empties anyway because it has nothing to give.

m j

Reaction score
you have posted videos proving your 160/30 are empty somewhere between 2.6 and 3ms.
yet somehow you arent on the bandwagon with trying to educate tuners that more the 3ms is too much pw.

isnt the point of this to show that a 'short pw larger nozzle' is better then old school 'small nozzle long pw' thinking?

on another note,
I have some questions regarding TorquePro app readings for pulsewidth. are they close to what is being commanded or out to lunch enough to be ignored?

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
Its my thread and I would like to hear the answer to HRT's question.

I believe that anything related to tuning should be discussed here. Cover the system as a whole is the best way to understand it.

He obviously knows more than is, so I'll just sit back.

And this is not a system as a whole, but two completely separate systems. There are issues in both ends.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.