Tuning 101 - Thread Merged with Injector Posts

Charles

Reaction score
I've been wanting to get my hands on some detailed drawings/sketches. I have a copy of Autodesks cfd program that we use at work for all of our nozzle flow modeling. You wouldn't happen to have those files handy, would you? I would love to play around with them.

Btw, how is the recovery going? Hope you have been able to kick the flue and pneumonia in time for New Years.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

This was a million years ago and about 5 or 6 computers ago. I actually modeled it to figure out why a hybrid flowed better than an A code with the same nozzle. I had to know how it was possible that a lower hydraulic ratio was producing higher injection pressure. I got my answer...

The Flu had to run it's course, I graduated to bronchitis and finished my last antibiotic last night, so I'm on course to pour beer on my head and fall down tomorrow night ;)

Charles

Reaction score
Ah, the early days of injector battle...

Took a long time, but everybody finally came around. I was blown away a few months back when I check this place out and find out people still aren't running decent nozzles because people still don't have ready-made programs for them....

ja_cain

Reaction score
This was a million years ago and about 5 or 6 computers ago. I actually modeled it to figure out why a hybrid flowed better than an A code with the same nozzle. I had to know how it was possible that a lower hydraulic ratio was producing higher injection pressure. I got my answer...

The Flu had to run it's course, I graduated to bronchitis and finished my last antibiotic last night, so I'm on course to pour beer on my head and fall down tomorrow night ;)
Glad you are feeling better and dealing with bronchitis instead of pneumonia (memory is slipping).

I pretty much figured you didn't have the files anymore. If you ever stumble across them, please let us know. :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

N2GN2

Reaction score
I would also like to make a 300/200 hybrid split shot with b code springs. Tune that!

N2GN2

Reaction score
why split shot?

To see how much smoke I can keep from the pipe with big HP. Should get a more complete burn when adding oil to a fire that is already there. There is more turbo lag with the ZF6 so that means smoke at low RPM.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Ya but I thought due to the injector design, if you stay split shot, it will severely limit the amount of fuel the second shot can deliver in the available injection window. If so, that will limit you from getting to the big HP numbers.

N2GN2

Reaction score
I'm looking for 500hp so that may be possible with a 300/200 split that would be capable of 650hp if it were a straight shot.

cleatus12r

Reaction score
To see how much smoke I can keep from the pipe with big HP. Should get a more complete burn when adding oil to a fire that is already there.

But the initial shot uses the majority of the high-quality oxygen before the larger quantity is injected and is searching for remaining oxygen molecules.

Charles

Reaction score
In an injector whose biggest flaw is oil inflow rate.... split shots are about as handy as Aids. Just take available inflow rate and subsequent coveted intensifier piston drop speed and throw it away right after you get started for a period of time, then start doing work again.

I can tell you right now, for 500hp clean, you don't need anything special, or anything from this thread. People were doing that a decade ago. I was clean at 550 nearly that long ago.

I bet you could do it with a 38R now. 200 nozzle and wheel upgrade at say 2.5ish milliseconds, 3000psi. Have to be close if not get it.

N2GN2

Reaction score
In an injector whose biggest flaw is oil inflow rate.... split shots are about as handy as Aids. Just take available inflow rate and subsequent coveted intensifier piston drop speed and throw it away right after you get started for a period of time, then start doing work again.

I can tell you right now, for 500hp clean, you don't need anything special, or anything from this thread. People were doing that a decade ago. I was clean at 550 nearly that long ago.

I bet you could do it with a 38R now. 200 nozzle and wheel upgrade at say 2.5ish milliseconds, 3000psi. Have to be close if not get it.

This is possible with a ZF6 after mashing the pedal at a dead stop?

Charles

Reaction score
This is possible with a ZF6 after mashing the pedal at a dead stop?

If you need the truck to be idiot proof for not smoking with a stab, then just set up the map based fueling appropriately.

When I was running a standard 250/200 with a 38R and GT47-88 years ago the truck would be blowing the back tires off from a light by the time the back tires made it to where the front tires were just sitting.

It did smoke if you stabbed it because the map based table was 100 across the board. Once the chargers were lit it was clean at ~550rwhp.

DZL JIM

Reaction score
I had Bill live tune my '96 with 250/200% and 38R and we were down to 385 hp or so before it was totally smoke free. So I don't really think a little 38R will suffice for what you want, but add something like the GT47 and you are in a different animal.

Jomax

Reaction score
I had Bill live tune my '96 with 250/200% and 38R and we were down to 385 hp or so before it was totally smoke free. So I don't really think a little 38R will suffice for what you want, but add something like the GT47 and you are in a different animal.

So would bill be able to send those tunes to people?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online