Turbo kit testing, what you guys wanna see?

Reaction score
Well here's what we've been doing. Prototypes are running. You've probably seen the other 6.7 truck build we are doing. To keep that these clean here's a look at the turbo kit so far.

Pics are worth a 1000 words. But here's the basic overview. Looking for this to be the everyday budget kit that is economical for most and upgradeable for the rest who want more. T-4 flange. S300 based charger will be sold with kit, sizes and billet options will also be choices when ordering. Will be made to accommodate either s&b or afe cold air intake. Complete with everything needed to install. Color instructions. All 304 stainless piping. Will be a wastegate option as well.

So what do you think and what would you like to see?

atunu4ad.jpg

da7a6u3a.jpg

yry3y5am.jpg

e8ege3a6.jpg

za7u4aqa.jpg

pe3a5upy.jpg

enyde7yh.jpg

http://youtu.be/OrxgA1gvWVw

http://youtu.be/d_db-nxhCl0

Reaction score
Going for simple, upgradeable, affordable and quality.

Pricing has not been set so please don't ask. Will have more details to come. This truck has a 66/74 .91 on it. Lights very well and the video was from a dead dig and no spooling.

Yellow1000

Reaction score
Very nice looking pieces. I would imagine there would be a market for somethin dead reliable. I've considered a kit like this before. Keep a fairy small responsive charger for towing with my dually. Maybe see 4-425 to the tire. Reliable yet enough power I be fun to drive empty. What kind of price would we see on a setup like this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk and ****.

webb06

Reaction score
Awesome Morgan! Good to see options for this engine now! You're making me want a 6.7!!!!

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Box Borg.

It definitely runs well. 40 psi of boost. Absolutely smokeless at wot. And is clean when driving normal. Pulls much harder than it used to.

yeah sounds similar to my 63 , i saw 41-42 and 55bp , never over 1100 degrees, runnind 1330 pw at full rail. mine gained 73 horse with the 63 .

Mpoage

Reaction score
Box Borg.

It definitely runs well. 40 psi of boost. Absolutely smokeless at wot. And is clean when driving normal. Pulls much harder than it used to.

Are you running the out of the box H&S tuning or the Tuning files they have on their website?

looks like it spools very well.

Between this and Mike's thread it is making it much harder for me to resist putting an aftermarket turbo kit on my truck.

Reaction score
yeah sounds similar to my 63 , i saw 41-42 and 55bp , never over 1100 degrees, runnind 1330 pw at full rail. mine gained 73 horse with the 63 .

I will be doing some logs and collecting data. Unfortunately I didn't have a previous dyno number.

Are you running the out of the box H&S tuning or the Tuning files they have on their website?

looks like it spools very well.

Between this and Mike's thread it is making it much harder for me to resist putting an aftermarket turbo kit on my truck.

It's a lot of fun to drive. Really it is very comparable in driving characteristics to a tuned 6.4. And just the box h&s for now. I am going to try a few different thing but I don't wanna get too wild. This truck is just being used for testing and fitment. The race truck is going to be the one getting the real abuse.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I think a lot of guys are simply looking for reliability with everyday usage. I know that's something I'm going to attempt to achieve with my 6.7 because I tend to put a lot of miles on trucks.

Yellow1000

Reaction score
I think a lot of guys are simply looking for reliability with everyday usage. I know that's something I'm going to attempt to achieve with my 6.7 because I tend to put a lot of miles on trucks.

This.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk and ****.

Reaction score

That's the main thing we are going for. A good alternative to replace your stocker with. And something you can tailor to your needs.

Looks great!

I like the bellows and the cold side pipes a lot.

Thank you. Spent a lot of time on the way I wanted it to come out.

Fwiw the hot side pipe is stock. Save money for the budget aspect. It also retains the factory pedestal. Drops it just like the factory turbo, oil supply and drain are incorporated into the design like the factory. Drain is internal in the pedestal, no extra line.

Budget base kit and offer some upgrades like ss hot pipe kit and wastegate for the more performance oriented crowd. And compound add on in the future.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.