Turbo kit testing, what you guys wanna see?

MorganY

Reaction score
I'm not sure, I was gonna calm ford and see what tsb's are out on the trans for 11's. It skipped 3rd on a few of the hard launches yesterday and went directly to fourth. I attributed it to the extra power and not relearning it properly. That being said my regular cab did the same on the last couple launches it took then fourth went. I believe the gear skip it it trying to compensate for the higher rpm and no shifting quick enough. It freaks out and slams two gears ahead to catch up. Then after a few of those it wears on fourth gear clutch every hard and they start slipping.

I see. If my access is back up by this evening i'll check for any related concerns. Seems too soon for a traditional failure, could be though. Obviously, tuning needs to be looked at first as well.

Reaction score
I see. If my access is back up by this evening i'll check for any related concerns. Seems too soon for a traditional failure, could be though. Obviously, tuning needs to be looked at first as well.

Yeah the truck had 27k on it when I tuned it. I am not easy on stuff. The tuning may be another issue but I put the regular cabs trans to death the same way in 1k miles and it only had 75k when I deleted it. Both ran h&s trans tunes. But the company we are working with who is developing the trans parts says that 4th gear has been their biggest problem to get to hold.

Reaction score
6.7L WITH 6R140 TRANSMISSION—2-3 SHIFT FLARE TSB 11-7-10
AND/OR MIL ON WITH DTC P0733 AND/OR DELAYED
REVERSE ENGAGEMENT—BUILT ON OR BEFORE
4/11/2011
FORD:
2011 F-Super Duty
ISSUE NOTE
Some 2011 F-Super Duty vehicles equipped with PLEASE ADVISE THE CUSTOMER THAT THIS
6.7L engines and 6R140 transmission may exhibit a VEHICLE IS EQUIPPED WITH AN ADAPTIVE
2-3 shift flare and/or malfunction indicator light (MIL) TRANSMISSION SHIFT STRATEGY WHICH
on with diagnostic trouble code (DTC) P0733 and/or ALLOWS THE VEHICLE’S COMPUTER TO LEARN
delayed reverse engagement, with a build date on THE TRANSMISSION’S UNIQUE PARAMETERS
or before 4/11/2011. Symptoms may be more AND IMPROVE SHIFT QUALITY. WHEN THE
evident or seem worse after an extended soak. ADAPTIVE STRATEGY IS RESET, THE
COMPUTER WILL BEGIN A RE-LEARNING
ACTION PROCESS. THIS RE-LEARNING PROCESS MAY
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the RESULT IN FIRMER THAN NORMAL UPSHIFTS
condition. AND DOWNSHIFTS FOR SEVERAL DAYS.
SERVICE PROCEDURE PART NUMBER PART NAME
1. Inspect vehicle build date. BC3Z-7G383-K Solenoid-Band Number 2
BC3Z-7G383-L Solenoid-Band Number 3
a. If vehicle build date is on or before BC3Z-7G383-M Solenoid-Band Number 4
11/19/2010, proceed to Step 2 BC3Z-7G383-N Solenoid-Band Number 5
b. If vehicle build date is between 11/20/2010 WARRANTY STATUS: Eligible Under Provisions Of
and 4/11/2011, solenoid replacement is not
New Vehicle Limited
necessary, proceed to Step 3.
Warranty Coverage
2. Replace the three (3) normally high solenoids. IMPORTANT: Warranty
Refer to the Workshop Manual (WSM), Section coverage limits/policies are
307-01B. Proceed to Step 3. not altered by a TSB.
Warranty coverage limits
a. Remove solenoids in-vehicle, identify the are determined by the
service band required for LPC, C35R/SSB, identified causal part.
C456/SSE solenoids. Do not remove the
main control. OPERATION DESCRIPTION TIME
110710A 2011 F-Super Duty 6.7L: 0.6 Hr.
3. Reprogram the powertrain control module Check DTCs, Reprogram
(PCM) and the transmission control module The PCM And TCM (Do
(TCM) to the latest calibration using IDS Not Use With Any Other
release 73.02 and higher. This new calibration Labor operations)
is not included in the VCM 2011.5 DVD.
Calibration files may also be obtained at
www.motorcraft.com.
NOTE: The information in Technical Service Bulletins is intended for use by trained, professional technicians with the knowledge, tools, and equipment to do
the job properly and safely. It informs these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or provides information that could assist in proper
vehicle service. The procedures should not be performed by “do-it-yourselfers”. Do not assume that a condition described affects your car or truck. Contact a
Ford or Lincoln dealership to determine whether the Bulletin applies to your vehicle. Warranty Policy and Extended Service Plan documentation determine
Warranty and/or Extended Service Plan coverage unless stated otherwise in the TSB article.The information in this Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) was
current at the time of printing. Ford Motor Company reserves the right to supercede this information with updates.The most recent information is available
through Ford Motor Company’s on-line technical resources.
Copyright ã 2011 Ford Motor Company Online Publication Date July 8, 2011 PAGE 1
TSB 11-7-10 (Continued)
110710B 2011 F-Super Duty 6.7L: 2.0 Hrs.
Check DTCs, Replace
Three Shift Solenoids,
Reprogram The PCM And
TCM (Do Not Use With
Any Other Labor
operations)
DEALER CODING
CONDITION
BASIC PART NO. CODE
RECAL 04
PAGE

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
its crazy, and i'm learning as i go here, but the fact these things will make 625-650 with a 65mm turbo, stock lpfp and injectors, with just a very simple dual pump install, is nuts. not too mention spoolup with the non vgt is fast as $hit just shocks me. this engine design is masterful. the dual pump kit is one high pressure line, a filter, bracket and cp3 .. about 3 hours to install. the motor design is provng extremely superior to the 6.4 in its characteristics, minus the flaws of weak injection pump and rods. but rods seem to be living now with less bp and more power.

Reaction score
What in gods name are you pourposely going to detroit for? Detroit michigan?

live life full throttle

Haha, to pick up a truck.

So, I made it there no problems. Grossing 13k @ 75 mph on cruise it totaled 13.4 mpg on the way there. Set on the highest setting on the minimax, cruise control 75 mph with 3.55 and 35's it never peaked past 900 degrees.

Heading back i must say we are at 20k lbs and this thing is an animal! 6th is locked out because of my high gearing and big tires. Runs 2200 @ 75mph, turbo is always on top and boy does it have a lot more towing power! You can accelerate 3/4 throttle on the highest power setting (which is a lot) up the on ramp and it won't go past 1000 degrees. Only breaks a 1k if run at WOT on the highest setting at that weight. Needless to say for stock fuel and a 66 it surpassed my expectations. I figured it would be a little more laggy and higher EGT's. I was wrong. I may have a hard time not leaving this setup on this truck.

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
i would love to see some direct comparisons between the 66/74 .91 and the 64.5/68 .91

Spool/boost/bp/hp/tq/drivability etc etc.

ive herd the factory intercooler is a bottleneck after about 600hp which can be done with the 63.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Really as well as the cast 66 spools anything smaller or billet/fmw/gtx etc is only gonna spool better. The purpose of doing the 66 large turbine and bigger housing was to see how it would react. As impressive as it is I know the smaller/better chargers will be as impressive. I'm more wondering how far you can go like 372 ish before spool up really suffers?

weapons120

Reaction score
I hate the factory turbo and would like to upgrade it eventually. I tow very heavy at times(38k truck, trailer, and load). Would a 366 work for my needs ?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online