Turbo kit testing, what you guys wanna see?

Reaction score

Randy_270

Reaction score
I have two questions:

1. Are you testing this turbo and your compound turbo on stock rods?

2. Any plans of a budget VGT kit in the future?

Other than that, it looks and sounds awesome!

Reaction score
I have two questions:

1. Are you testing this turbo and your compound turbo on stock rods?

2. Any plans of a budget VGT kit in the future?

Other than that, it looks and sounds awesome!

The compounds will be on the race truck with a built engine. Looking for well over 1000hp.

I'll leave the vgt till we see what the 15 stuff comes out with and how reverse compatible they are with the 11-14 models.

sootie

Reaction score
better get it fixed before tomorrow LOL :poke:

j/k buddy. turbo kit looks awesome...

Reaction score
Yeah it's doing exactly what the race truck did. The race truck did not last very long at all once it happened (one day). I don't know why but it's flaring the 3-4 shift bad and directly after it started doing that it started slipping and dropping to first from fourth. The brown truck hasn't got that bad yet. I am going to baby the 3-4 shift and see how it lasts till I get the other trans fixed enough to swap out. Good thing I've got two lol.

MorganY

Reaction score
Yeah it's doing exactly what the race truck did. The race truck did not last very long at all once it happened (one day). I don't know why but it's flaring the 3-4 shift bad and directly after it started doing that it started slipping and dropping to first from fourth. The brown truck hasn't got that bad yet. I am going to baby the 3-4 shift and see how it lasts till I get the other trans fixed enough to swap out. Good thing I've got two lol.

Isn't there a TSB for the valve body on the 2011-2012's related to dropping to first in higher gears? I forget if that was the concern or not. I don't have access to PTS right now to check or else I would.

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
How many miles are on the trans?

Mpoage

Reaction score
If it is the stock H&S tuning I bet that didn't help the transmission live at all. Even in my stock tuned truck it feels like it needs to be firmed up a little bit. At full throttle it doesn't feel like it is shifting hard enough to keep it from slipping.

Reaction score
Isn't there a TSB for the valve body on the 2011-2012's related to dropping to first in higher gears? I forget if that was the concern or not. I don't have access to PTS right now to check or else I would.

I'm not sure, I was gonna calm ford and see what tsb's are out on the trans for 11's. It skipped 3rd on a few of the hard launches yesterday and went directly to fourth. I attributed it to the extra power and not relearning it properly. That being said my regular cab did the same on the last couple launches it took then fourth went. I believe the gear skip it it trying to compensate for the higher rpm and no shifting quick enough. It freaks out and slams two gears ahead to catch up. Then after a few of those it wears on fourth gear clutch every hard and they start slipping.

Reaction score
It is shifting better at mild throttle. If I baby it too much it flares way worse. Gonna keep of the wot runs till I get a trans ready next week or so.

Thanks for the compliments.

I do honestly think it's more of an 11 thing that the trans itself the later ones seem to be holding more. Who knows at this point really.

Latest posts

Members online