Turbo kit testing, what you guys wanna see?

jacobdewey

Reaction score
Unless I'm missing something, wont you have to change the "up pipes" to do a compound kit? As a single kit, it is sex in the form of metal. Great job!

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
Can a non Vgt turbo be swapped to a stock truck and still be emissions compatible? Only reason I ask is I need to return my truck to stock yearly for emissions and while I don't mind wrenching on the truck at all, having to do a turbo swap yearly would keep me from upgrading. Also, would more fuel be a must with a turbo upgrade. Would it run too lean with the maxed out Cp4 running the Hot X tunes. I'm not hard on the truck at all but like to play every now and then. I wouldn't expect a huge if any power increase from a turbo only but there's no way my prettier half would let me drop the coin for turbo and fuel upgrades. Gotta take baby steps, I like being married!! :D

Keith

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
Lol. I'm afraid that roads been traveled many times, no need for Gps to get me there!! :badidea:

Keith

B.Warning

Reaction score
Lol! Is your wife blond?

live life full throttle

Depends on her mood. Sometimes she's blonde, burnet, redhead. It changes every couple months. What saves me tho is that I don't keep things at the house. Everything is at my farm in a barn. She really has no clue to how much stuff I truly have down there.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Depends on her mood. Sometimes she's blonde, burnet, redhead. It changes every couple months. What saves me tho is that I don't keep things at the house. Everything is at my farm in a barn. She really has no clue to how much stuff I truly have down there.

Lol Like a little leprechaun hording all hos gold so nobody can see it or find it.

live life full throttle

Reaction score
Can a non Vgt turbo be swapped to a stock truck and still be emissions compatible? Only reason I ask is I need to return my truck to stock yearly for emissions and while I don't mind wrenching on the truck at all, having to do a turbo swap yearly would keep me from upgrading. Also, would more fuel be a must with a turbo upgrade. Would it run too lean with the maxed out Cp4 running the Hot X tunes. I'm not hard on the truck at all but like to play every now and then. I wouldn't expect a huge if any power increase from a turbo only but there's no way my prettier half would let me drop the coin for turbo and fuel upgrades. Gotta take baby steps, I like being married!! :D

Keith

There are companies making emissions on turbos. We currently are not.

Like stated in this whole thread, I'm running a 66mm (much larger than most with a kit right now) on stock fuel. I wouldn't ever want to go smaller personally. But to answer your question, a vgt is not be cosset at all. I've towed 20k+ with the 66 and stock fuel. And I would never want to go back and do that again with a stock turbo. I've got less EGT's and more power while towing. Don't have much to complain about really. Other than we don't have them finished in production and for sale yet.

hotrodder_101

Reaction score
I may have missed it somewhere, but does this kit use the factory manifolds? I also saw where someone said that there is a kit with manifolds that don't flow as well as stocks. That doesn't make sense to me. If you want more power, why you knowingly place a restriction on your engine?

I like the look of the kit. Would there be a way to offer the kit with powder coated cold side pipes or in raw form?

Reaction score
I may have missed it somewhere, but does this kit use the factory manifolds? I also saw where someone said that there is a kit with manifolds that don't flow as well as stocks. That doesn't make sense to me. If you want more power, why you knowingly place a restriction on your engine?

I like the look of the kit. Would there be a way to offer the kit with powder coated cold side pipes or in raw form?

This uses stock manifolds. There will be a upgraded option as well. An pipes come standard in raw finish as shown above.

Reaction score
Going to dyno tomorrow on a super flow. What you guys say? Hp? Lol by the fake 1/4 mile simulator it traps 98mph at 9000lbs....

But a superflow is pretty stingy....

One guess per person. I'll send a shirt to the closest one. Torque guess included will be a tie breaker...

Latest posts

Members online