Turbo kit testing, what you guys wanna see?

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score

Dual hpfp maybe?

live life full throttle

Of coarse all kinda pictures had them for almost a year now.
Heck anymore its nothing special just another single turbo 6.7 with a built engine. haha
You have already seen them and know where to find them Big P. :p

Lets keep this thread on track with what members want out of there single kits.

Some kits have headers, some are using stock manifolds. What do members want as far as headers go?

Miss these?

strokersmoker

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Define "built motor" with stock head bolts please.

Well see i talked to this fellow named Darrin and he said he had a set but they are kinda for his buddy. Which happened to have a build thread here haha
And A1 is moving to japan so I put a request if for ARP and I have some coming in a few weeks. So I will just drill out the top to vc bolts to open up the intake and put the studs in 1 by 1 here when I get them.

I did cryotreat the stock bolts if that gives me 3/4 built engine. haha

I am gonna have to do something to keep up to that nasty sob you are building dude!
No kits have headers. Some have manifolds some use stock pieces. One kit uses a setup that flows less than stock but not many people are buying that kit anymore.

You might be surprised at how many people are buying these turbo kits.

Now when the 2015 turbo comes out and you can adapt that job back to 2011-2014, well its all a performance game from there.

So if these guys want to sell a kit they are going to have to have one fast shop truck!!

Reaction score
Well see i talked to this fellow named Darrin and he said he had a set but they are kinda for his buddy. Which happened to have a build thread here haha
And A1 is moving to japan so I put a request if for ARP and I have some coming in a few weeks. So I will just drill out the top to vc bolts to open up the intake and put the studs in 1 by 1 here when I get them.

I am gonna have to do something to keep up to that nasty sob you are building dude!

Now when the 2015 turbo comes out and you can adapt that job back to 2011-2014, well its all a performance game from there.

So if these guys want to sell a kit they are going to have to have one fast shop truck!!

I do feel that as of right now to retrofit to the '15 setup will cost more than our base kit. anything over our base kit will be performance minded anyway.

I've talked to arp as well. So have some others as I am confident that there may be some things coming down the pipeline.

Our fast truck? Shoot, it's just a stock with a performance air filter.........

Jbenso127

Reaction score
Miss these?

I'm still curious about this dual HPOP kit that strokerpoker must have developed...

Buck1

Reaction score
For a common rail mind you. Wonder if an Edge EZ is included in the install.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

97stoker350

Reaction score
Well the 7.3 has proven to hold ~50 psi on head bolts. maybe for the average Joe bolts will be enough with just a run of the line single and a tune

97stoker350

Reaction score
I was refferring to the headstud discussion. Both have 6 bolts per cylinder and if they can handle more boost why shouldn't the 6.7 be able to?

Dan

Reaction score
I was refferring to the headstud discussion. Both have 6 bolts per cylinder and if they can handle more boost why shouldn't the 6.7 be able to?

Valid point, I'm going to say yes...

Also in other news, I know it probably isn't a very good idea, but for towing id like to see a HE351VE on a 6.7 psd!!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ok so on our kit, we are spec'ing a wastegated s300 charger to simplify the wastegate option and clean up the engine bay. Plus it would make wastegate adjustment stupid simple.

Big hitch is getting t-4 foot housings as there is lots of t-3 crap from all the Cummings offerings.

But I believe this will allow the safe simple use of small s300 chargers all the way from stock fuel to dual fuelers too even say a 372 with big fuel and some spray.

We will probably have one of those on next for testing.

strokersmoker

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I know what you mean about limited t4 waste gated options.

I was looking at the bd superbee, its t3 but does include the twin volute wastegate.
The Bd dmax pedestals could use some porting but they cost under 150 dollars.

I always thought that turbo and pedestal would make a really great tow pig for the workstock guys looking for a less expensive setup.

Sorry Dan has cummins on my mind lol

Reaction score
Morgan. You have a very nice clean setup there! Good work!

Thanks. I am super excited to see this when it finally hits the market. All 304 ss tuning and color matched boots. Will have a choice of red blue or black (standard). Lots of upgrade options and it's sooo easy to work in once installed. Literally 10 minutes and turbos on the ground.

Hope you guys can be patient, this is gonna rock once it's all set and ready for market.

Latest posts

Members online