Turbo pedestal oil leak after replacing O rings

JCart

Reaction score
Back in the day lots of guys gutted the EBPV assembly out of stock pedestals. I used a zip cut saw and cut off the EBPV aluminum cylinder, that housed the EBPV oil driven piston. Once off I drilled and tapped as I recall two ports in the exposed cylinder housing (that remains attached to the pedestal, drill and tapped the actuation solenoid hole and plugged all fore noted holes with brass plugs and JB weld. At the exhaust rod end there is an opening in the pedestal that I JB welded closed. Pedestal has been working away on its third truck now…. Lastly with a ratchet wrench you can install the turbo once pedestal is on the engine. You need to set long bolts in pedestal prior to setting in place then rear ones will slide in and up after it’s set in place.
Cheers,

Reaction score
I modified a stock pedestal on my 94. I had the openings welded up. I attempted to make it look halfway decent (the duct tape is just to protect the turbo mounting surfce). Cheers!

IMG_0197.JPG
IMG_0198.JPG

TexasJ

Reaction score
Back in the day lots of guys gutted the EBPV assembly out of stock pedestals. I used a zip cut saw and cut off the EBPV aluminum cylinder, that housed the EBPV oil driven piston. Once off I drilled and tapped as I recall two ports in the exposed cylinder housing (that remains attached to the pedestal, drill and tapped the actuation solenoid hole and plugged all fore noted holes with brass plugs and JB weld. At the exhaust rod end there is an opening in the pedestal that I JB welded closed. Pedestal has been working away on its third truck now…. Lastly with a ratchet wrench you can install the turbo once pedestal is on the engine. You need to set long bolts in pedestal prior to setting in place then rear ones will slide in and up after it’s set in place.
Cheers,
j
I wish I would have known how to modify the stock pedestal like this before I went to all that trouble! Haha. Live and learn I guess...

Latest posts

Members online