upgrade non vgt

Meniacal_Mark

Reaction score
Here ya go
aputu8yb.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Looks like the guy cant decide to die or live, that's messed up.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
I wonder what the correction factor was that day. It's plain to see they used SAE, so that could tell a bit.

Im not sure, his post on .org was supposed to be 546 uncorrected and he stated that it was a hair over 550 corrected. Even then though, without a baseline who knows what the dyno is reading. It could be one of those dynos that a stock 6.7 dynos at 385rwhp

sootboy

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I wonder what the correction factor was that day. It's plain to see they used SAE, so that could tell a bit.

Woodboy is correct.
546 uncorrected
550.4 sae correction.
The mpd chart is also std correction.
Do they have uncorrected numbers?

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Woodboy is correct.
546 uncorrected
550.4 sae correction.
The mpd chart is also std correction.
Do they have uncorrected numbers?

Im not sure on what their correction factor is, all I would like to see is a canned stock tune run on yall's truck and then a canned stock H&S race file on yalls back to back to see the spread in numbers.

sootboy

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Im not sure on what their correction factor is, all I would like to see is a canned stock tune run on yall's truck and then a canned stock H&S race file on yalls back to back to see the spread in numbers.

Do you mean a stock turbo stock tune, or our turbo with an h and s box tune?

Also as close as we are to MPD maybe we could both get together with some 6.7's at a local event.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Your single non vgt setup on stock setting h&s canned tune, and then h&s canned race

sootboy

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Ok I think in the original single kit thread here it was 448/906 on a tow tune.
Let me ask some customers what they have.
Maybe stacked 6.7 dynoed his on the stock setting.

Ford_tough

Reaction score
I see that yall guys are talking about running canned tunes ( h&s or maybe Spartan). I've been looking at single replacements and just drop in replacements and I will prolly get SPE's kit but I don't know if I will be ok running the Spartan Warhammer and I really don't want to spend another 2k on h&s and then have to buy a custom tune for it. Would I be okay running the Spartan with a new turbo? sorry for the derail and newb question, this is my first diesel and I want to get it right the first time.

sootboy

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I see that yall guys are talking about running canned tunes ( h&s or maybe Spartan). I've been looking at single replacements and just drop in replacements and I will prolly get SPE's kit but I don't know if I will be ok running the Spartan Warhammer and I really don't want to spend another 2k on h&s and then have to buy a custom tune for it. Would I be okay running the Spartan with a new turbo? sorry for the derail and newb question, this is my first diesel and I want to get it right the first time.

We have ran the cfd single kit with a spartan.
The truck made 37 psi and ran really strong.
There was no drivabilty at all.
Downsides are the trans shift points and the cel was on with the spartan.

I would feel comfortable running the truck as long as you don't mind manual shifting on the interstate while passing and towing. Or the cel does not bother you.

Performance though was awesome!!

Ford_tough

Reaction score
What year is your truck? They can do hot-x tuning on the STREET mini maxx for 11-12 6.7s ;)

its a 12, and yea I know I could do that but im trying to save 2k and keep my Spartan if its possible to run it with a turbo kit.

and what was the engine light for sootboy? I don't pull none, I just load my 100 gallon transfer tank in the bed some days. Did the truck not like to downshift or something and that's the reason for manual shifts? I pretty much do what you said already when passing someone, I always downshift a gear or 2 cause I really don't like my truck being in 5 gear and making 35psi or so of boost at 1500 to 1900 rpm. I try to make my turbo and rods last a little longer cause I know that cant be healthy for it at that low of rpm. And I appreciate your help and any other info shared from others!

sootboy

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
My truck put down 441 HP and 926 TQ with full deletes and SPE Hot-X tuning. The dyno was running everyone's truck that day a little low.

You are talking about the dirty diesel dyno at full throttle correct?
I am confused because your sig says colorado and the dyno was in pa.
sorry if I misunderstood.

Last edited:

sootboy

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
its a 12, and yea I know I could do that but im trying to save 2k and keep my Spartan if its possible to run it with a turbo kit.

and what was the engine light for sootboy? I don't pull none, I just load my 100 gallon transfer tank in the bed some days. Did the truck not like to downshift or something and that's the reason for manual shifts? I pretty much do what you said already when passing someone, I always downshift a gear or 2 cause I really don't like my truck being in 5 gear and making 35psi or so of boost at 1500 to 1900 rpm. I try to make my turbo and rods last a little longer cause I know that cant be healthy for it at that low of rpm. And I appreciate your help and any other info shared from others!

Yes the shifting is to prevent excessive lag, and if you already do it than the spartan will be fine.

The customer had the fitting for the ect2 so the cel was not for that.

You are not going to like this answer, but we never checked the code.
The customer decided to go with h and s from us and that is actually why I am selling a spartan on .org. I called spartan and they just weren't quite ready for custom tunes. The customer was ready to pick up and roll so we just forgot to check. But as soon as h and s went on the light went out.
Maybe it was a vacumn switch or the throttle valve on the factory intake. I am probably going to hang onto the spartan because I think Jeff will have some tunes for a single soon from reading his post's.

If I can help with anything else just ask.

Ford_tough

Reaction score
Yes the shifting is to prevent excessive lag, and if you already do it than the spartan will be fine.

The customer had the fitting for the ect2 so the cel was not for that.

You are not going to like this answer, but we never checked the code.
The customer decided to go with h and s from us and that is actually why I am selling a spartan on .org. I called spartan and they just weren't quite ready for custom tunes. The customer was ready to pick up and roll so we just forgot to check. But as soon as h and s went on the light went out.
Maybe it was a vacumn switch or the throttle valve on the factory intake. I am probably going to hang onto the spartan because I think Jeff will have some tunes for a single soon from reading his post's.

If I can help with anything else just ask.
I gotcha, no biggie. it will still be a little while before I do the upgrade unless this one decides otherwise. I sure hope that Spartan will open up to custom tuning soon. I love the way my truck runs, and I'm sure it would help with their business as it seems more ppl go with h&s because of their custom tune abilities. I had asked them if they could make me a tune if I got a new turbo and they just said to keep the factory one and my warrenty or ill chunk a rod. but id rather just pay for parts myself and have it in the shop one time and have peace of mind compared to what could be numerous shop trips and the thought of driving a time bomb lol. Thanks so much for you help. Also, was there any fuel mods done to the truck?

Latest posts

Members online