Uppipes or Turbo?

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
haha lance you are the man.. horse pussy i WILL start using that. :naughty:

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
ooooooooook....was in the process of pulling the uppipes to inspect the bellow and look for cracks. when I was unbolting the y pipe from the manifold, i found that the top bolt was sheared off. basically the y pipe was only clamped on one side. there was still no soot which is weird but that has to be the source of that loud ass whistle. so i guess we were all wrong. doesn't seem to be the uppipes and the turbo wasn't the likely source.

I'm still glad I ended up pulling the turbo and checking the wheel. whether or not it's "normal" for the blades to contact the housing (one builder said it shouldn't even w/o oil pressure and one said it could) I'll still feel better having the center bearings checked out. hope this takes care of it!

windrunner408

Reaction score
Yea man for sure. Glad to hear you found the likely culprit. If you dont mind me asking, how many miles did you put on your truck with that turbo on there??

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
*UPDATE....turbo is back from the machine shop and everything checked out in spec. Big thanks to Jared and Josh at RCD for taking care of it. Jared, you're doing big things on the customer service side...keep it up bromeo. :toast:

EnterKO

Reaction score
*UPDATE....turbo is back from the machine shop and everything checked out in spec. Big thanks to Jared and Josh at RCD for taking care of it. Jared, you're doing big things on the customer service side...keep it up bromeo. :toast:

Good news for you.

No horsepussy.

Extended Power

Reaction score
....shoulda put a batmo wheel in it....you had the turbo off....THIS IS HOW IT WORKS...LOL
You can't just take something apart without changing it...or making it make more powa...Your not following the rules...:poke:

CCRICE

Reaction score
....shoulda put a batmo wheel in it....you had the turbo off....THIS IS HOW IT WORKS...LOL
You can't just take something apart without changing it...or making it make more powa...Your not following the rules...:poke:

haha, after taking mine out once already i probably would have been tempted to dabble in aftermarket options..

windrunner408

Reaction score
Great to hear Lance. I am sure you would rather have it be the y-pipe as well. Great customer service too Jared.

BlueWaffle

Reaction score

nah I haven't bought into the whole batmocraze. just not enough gain for the $ IMO. if I was going to change anything, I'd go with a regular billet wheel but then again I don't see all THAT much gain since it's still a VGT. now if it was a 68 NON vgt, then there is definitely much to gain with the lighter wheel for spool up. I'm saving my pennies for another turbo anyways :naughty:

Latest posts

Members online