Vanilla Ice buildup thread....

faster6.0

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Sounds like a smaller turbo would be a better match. the 68/94 compressor is rated for 700hp and is a big compressor.

smokinstroker

Reaction score
gare, your temps sound just like mine did with the 2 turbos i ran from elite. it was always pretty warm. ran its a** off, but warm for sure.

chris at TSD made me a tune back in the day. and it was the best running tune i ever had. the live tuning helped out quite a bit with temps.
given i had 100% nozzles, i always had a haze.

adjust shift points really helped with keeping ontop of the turbo. (along with a hot ficm from eric and mike)

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
We'll see what Matt comes up with before I jump to any conclusions. I may have simply bit off more than I could chew if this is normal. I also do want the option of occasional towing.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
See if he can hold the shifts off till later and only lock up in 5th. This seemed to be the ticket on my truck and it has no dead spots any more. I know mines a 6.4 and a 66 so its not apples to apples but its close enough that it should help with keeping it spooled. Also have him trim fuel at low boost.

Gearhead

Reaction score
I have it down to 900 degrees cruising at 1500 RPMs and holding 5lbs of boost under that condition. The boost/drive just seems a little funky even in the mid range. I haven't started messing with WOT yet, because it is pointless if you can't daily drive the thing. I'm also going to try going between an inferred EBP and one that uses the EBP sensor like the one that is in it now.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
I have it down to 900 degrees cruising at 1500 RPMs and holding 5lbs of boost under that condition. The boost/drive just seems a little funky even in the mid range. I haven't started messing with WOT yet, because it is pointless if you can't daily drive the thing. I'm also going to try going between an inferred EBP and one that uses the EBP sensor like the one that is in it now.

You da man.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
I wanna say again how much I appreciate the support of ALL the vendors with this lil project. All of you have been great.

faster6.0

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score

I would be very interested in the drive psi/boost psi. keep up the good work.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score

thats not bad really but 900 still seems a bit warm, it that on flat ground? Im curious to see what the non inferred does versus inferred. What calibration is flashed into the ficm Matt/Garrett do you know?

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
thats not bad really but 900 still seems a bit warm, it that on flat ground? Im curious to see what the non inferred does versus inferred. What calibration is flashed into the ficm Matt/Garrett do you know?

I know that 900 is flat ground...

Latest posts

Members online