Vanilla Ice buildup thread....

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Just an update guys. Matt is pretty much done with the tuning...but he could only go so far. The turbo will only make 26 psi. RCD street file would only make 26 psi for me as well.

With the live tuning, normal driving and runs to half throttle are smoke free. He can jack the backpressure way up and get it to make 30 psi but thats it. EGTs are still toasty. No chance of towing.

He says the way it is now, the truck is running clean and a blast to drive....but turbo wont build boost. Says it makes good power....but is being held back.

I'm hoping to get the batmowheel off of it and see what it does if I can get my hands on a cast wheel. Lance (stroke of luck) has the same turbo but without the batmowheel and has no issues...

MINK

Reaction score
Sadly I really dont see the cast wheel being the answer to your problems. Good luck though man.

INFAMOUS

Reaction score
Just an update guys. Matt is pretty much done with the tuning...but he could only go so far. The turbo will only make 26 psi. RCD street file would only make 26 psi for me as well.

With the live tuning, normal driving and runs to half throttle are smoke free. He can jack the backpressure way up and get it to make 30 psi but thats it. EGTs are still toasty. No chance of towing.

He says the way it is now, the truck is running clean and a blast to drive....but turbo wont build boost. Says it makes good power....but is being held back.

I'm hoping to get the batmowheel off of it and see what it does if I can get my hands on a cast wheel. Lance (stroke of luck) has the same turbo but without the batmowheel and has no issues...

Precision CEA FTW!

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Thats crazy, I wonder why it won't build any boost. Your running 190/100's or 190/75's ?

No exhaust leaks ? No boost leaks ? That turbo seems to run well on other trucks such as Lances. Not knocking the injector builder but maybe it has a bad one, mistakes happen. Has there been any data logging or a balance test done ?

MINK

Reaction score
Thats crazy, I wonder why it won't build any boost. Your running 190/100's or 190/75's ?

No exhaust leaks ? No boost leaks ? That turbo seems to run well on other trucks such as Lances. Not knocking the injector builder but maybe it has a bad one, mistakes happen. Has there been any data logging or a balance test done ?

Exactly, Jake Kelly's truck rips with 205s and the 68....Yours shouldnt be overfuled - atleast not to the extent that it sounds..

faster6.0

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
it builds backpressure lol and runs smooth, if it builds back pressure its on the turbo to make boost.....

PTSUPERD

Reaction score

No exhaust leaks no boost leaks that we can find....plus I think if it could be manipulated into making 30 psi, there wouldnt be a leak at that level.

Regardless...Matt wants me to drive it as is so I can marvel at his mad skills. LOL He's happy with what he got out of it even with the issue.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score

Forgot to add. Jason ran a balance test on the injectors when the truck was done. They tested out fine.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Yes - if that does solve this then great.

I think there is only one other guy running a batmo that I'm aware of with this turbo....and I can't find any reviews.

From what I have seen feedback wise on the rcd 68...everything is good. All reviews have been with the cast wheel.

faster6.0

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Honestly the ported manifold may show a decrease in overal boost because of less restriction, as long as it translates to more power to the ground.

Latest posts

Members online