Vanilla Ice buildup thread....

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
I was told by Matt(Mwilbur516) to check this thread out, I have been very busy trying to get shop in order and new turbos going. I talk with Mwilbur516, for awhile on this whole thing about the boost and tunes. I just wanted to throw some stuff out there for thought. I have a f250 2004 and have a gearhead tune on it. I have never had a problem holding boost at 30-32 the whole way to WOT with a stage 2, so here's something I thought about. Is 2004 EBP sensor the same as the 2005-2007. The reason I ask is that 2004 uses that butterfly plate for egr to limit flow and the 2005-2007 uses the uppipe diverter for the flow into the egr. So was the backpressure range increased in the 2005-2007 ratio between flow, or boost to backpressure, compaired to the 2004 where backpressure ratio is less per flow. I guess what I'm getting at is that if the cast wheel works over the billet wheel due to flow ratio to backpressure being less per backpressure, then if using a 2004 EBP sensor if different or if not using the file numbers for range of a 2004 wouldn't get you the boost and hold you are looking for. I'm not a tuner but have seen alot of crazy things the ecm does when the flow is increased to the point it goes out of the range of the ratio the ecm is trying to calulate. Just something to think about due to FORD changing things up year to year on the 6.0 powerstrokes. Hell I had no idea that FORD produced mass air flow and air density options in the same year trucks.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
I was told by Matt(Mwilbur516) to check this thread out, I have been very busy trying to get shop in order and new turbos going. I talk with Mwilbur516, for awhile on this whole thing about the boost and tunes. I just wanted to throw some stuff out there for thought. I have a f250 2004 and have a gearhead tune on it. I have never had a problem holding boost at 30-32 the whole way to WOT with a stage 2, so here's something I thought about. Is 2004 EBP sensor the same as the 2005-2007. The reason I ask is that 2004 uses that butterfly plate for egr to limit flow and the 2005-2007 uses the uppipe diverter for the flow into the egr. So was the backpressure range increased in the 2005-2007 ratio between flow, or boost to backpressure, compaired to the 2004 where backpressure ratio is less per flow. I guess what I'm getting at is that if the cast wheel works over the billet wheel due to flow ratio to backpressure being less per backpressure, then if using a 2004 EBP sensor if different or if not using the file numbers for range of a 2004 wouldn't get you the boost and hold you are looking for. I'm not a tuner but have seen alot of crazy things the ecm does when the flow is increased to the point it goes out of the range of the ratio the ecm is trying to calulate. J
ust something to think about due to FORD changing things up year to year on the 6.0 powerstrokes. Hell I had no idea that FORD produced mass air flow and air density options in the same year trucks.
I looked up the part numbers after we talked and they seem to be the same. I do know from talking to tuners that the 03-04 trucks original strategies calculated boost off of back pressure where as the later trucks and strats used a predetermined table to calculate BP. I also believe its worth mentioning that we never see an issue with 03-04 trucks holding boost even when changing turbo's, at least that's what I've noticed. I still think the issue is somewhere in the computer.

Super Diesel

Reaction score
I also believe its worth mentioning that we never see an issue with 03-04 trucks holding boost even when changing turbo's, at least that's what I've noticed. I still think the issue is somewhere in the computer.

Agreed. I'm having issues (not really "issues", but mental notes) with my truck holding 27-28psi at WOT, and not breaking 30psi. I've got the MTW Stage II turbo with stock sticks - Matt's SRL+ tune.

Garrett, how are the EGTs on your truck now that Matt has fine tuned it? Do they still get above 1500* on short WOT runs? I mean... you're definitely running a potent air/fuel combo. Took me forever to read thru everything, but glad I did - lots of great input here. I enjoyed all of the pics too! Good looking truck bud!

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
EGTs still get up there. Running normal temp dropped 50 or so degrees. It will still get to 1500 on a short run. Havent done enough wot runs to be definitive to be honest though...

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Wheel came in. LOL

I aint even mad though....

a6f9c90a-b5fc-03d1.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Hey. Im holding for you. Pick up the phone. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Scarlet_Nape

Reaction score
If you were to change up the name of your truck just a bit, maybe you could get Blue Bell to sponsor??? :shrug:

Of course, you'd just eat the profits. LOL

Latest posts

Members online