Vanilla Ice buildup thread....

Reaction score
Sounds like the truck is running pretty nice. I know I've been impressed with both trucks I've driven with Matt's tunes.

Hope the cast wheel fixes the issue, but three times I've had this issue it ended up being a boost leak that was very hard to find. Very small leaks that caused boost to stop building like it hit a brick wall. One other time I had the same problem that ended up being a fuel pressure issue. Of course my experience with this is on Cummins and 7.3s, not 6.0s.

Last edited:

Gearhead

Reaction score
There's always room for improvement.

I would like to get with Bill and offer a specific flash for each nozzle type to get the fuel straight for a little better part throttle experience. Something like his economy flash with some pulsewidth removed from strategic locations.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
I would like to get with Bill and offer a specific flash for each nozzle type to get the fuel straight for a little better part throttle experience. Something like his economy flash with some pulsewidth removed from strategic locations.

Sounds good. Let me know if you'd like me to give him a call for you or if I can help out in any way. We're gonna flash my truck with a more custom FICM flash next time I'm at his shop.

Last edited:

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score

This is what I need Matt, I'm in to test for 150% nozzles. I have a gryphon as well so it can be remotely added to my programmer.

java

Reaction score
I had a 58V FICM tuned by KEM for my 190/100s and it was SMOKEY. I put the factory 48V back in today and it actually has better throttle response and the smoke isn't too bad.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
One word.... Smokey

I have 150% nozzles right now JJ lol

I had a 58V FICM tuned by KEM for my 190/100s and it was SMOKEY. I put the factory 48V back in today and it actually has better throttle response and the smoke isn't too bad.

Experiencing something similar too,

With the php economy file it smoked way too much on anything over 15% throttle, atlas 40, 80 and hercules were not streetable. Today I flashed my truck to my stock ARZ2AL11 ficm file, paired with my tsd file and its virtually smoke free. I thought I was happy before, I was actually surprised when I leaned into it, its definitely faster on the stock ficm file.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Question, do these trucks run better on stock files because of the larger injectors and the fact that the FICM tuning is just too much?

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
if 150 nozzles don't smoke, you have the wrong tunes lol.

You mean the RIGHT tunes :swordfight: LOL

it will haze WOT dont get me wrong, but theres something wrong getting 8mpg highway and smoke hazing while going 65mph

Question, do these trucks run better on stock files because of the larger injectors and the fact that the FICM tuning is just too much?

Seems that way doesnt it. I'd really hate to sell my gryphon

Extended Power

Reaction score
I have a 58V FICM that does NOT have any tuning in it, but with the 150% injectors...I can look out the passenger side window with the cruise set at 75 mph and see a black "haze".
Temps are only about 750-900*F unless it smells a hill, then I see 1100*F.

I always have to clean the back 1/4 panel after a 2-3 hour road trip...it's BLACK...

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I have a 58V FICM that does NOT have any tuning in it, but with the 150% injectors...I can look out the passenger side window with the cruise set at 75 mph and see a black "haze".
Temps are only about 750-900*F unless it smells a hill, then I see 1100*F.

I always have to clean the back 1/4 panel after a 2-3 hour road trip...it's BLACK...

Thats exactly what I experienced until I flashed back to my stock file, I see similar temps now, but less smoke. Of course our setups are far different.

Agjake11

Reaction score

how soon?? i could probably get a php tuner soon and let you have a crack at it?

Gearhead

Reaction score
I haven't talked to anyone yet and I'm so swamped right now, I haven't even been able to keep up with tunes going out and such.

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
Sounds like the truck is running pretty nice. I know I've been impressed with both trucks I've driven with Matt's tunes.

Hope the cast wheel fixes the issue, but three times I've had this issue it ended up being a boost leak that was very hard to find. Very small leaks that caused boost to stop building like it hit a brick wall. One other time I had the same problem that ended up being a fuel pressure issue. Of course my experience with this is on Cummins and 7.3s, not 6.0s.

One thing I learned about boost leaks and something we use as aircraft mechanics is to wrap aluminum foil around joints, just one layer and safety wire ends shut, take aiplane out for high power or in this case take truck out and run to full boost, shut engine down and look for blown out foil, that's your leak point. Just what to pass something on how to find air leaks.

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
One thing I learned about boost leaks and something we use as aircraft mechanics is to wrap aluminum foil around joints, just one layer and safety wire ends shut, take aiplane out for high power or in this case take truck out and run to full boost, shut engine down and look for blown out foil, that's your leak point. Just what to pass something on how to find air leaks.

Learn something new everyday. Thanks for sharing. Never thought of doing something like that.

Latest posts

Members online