Vanilla Ice buildup thread....

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Gotcha. I'll let you know what happens...
Please do. I'm very curious to see how this plays out for you since I'm planning larger injectors and a ported intake with all the fixin's (A1000 fuel pump with total fuel system, reg return and all the rest). I just have to get all this testing done on the Mad Turbo Werks stuff and have a little financial recovery time after our second son is born in mid August. I already have ceramic coated delete and y-pipes coming from Strokers Unlimited.

I have the duty cycle set to default to 30% once the EBP sensor gets pissed off with the drive pressure and gives up. There was no point in running inferred EBP as the truck runs beautifully as is. It will be a good comparsion if the regular wheel makes more boost than the batmo....... with the EBP being exactly the same before and after, it will be a good comparsion on how the compressor flows. It's not really cleaning up the fuel either so that is probably adding to the drive pressure. I'm only running 1.8ms of PW too so that's what I can't figure out, that shouldn't be a whole hell of a lot of fuel for a 75% nozzle.

Matt, I'm glad to hear you're having some luck with his setup. I'm gonna get back with you on mine, but I want you to tune my truck for the Hybrid not the Stage 1 I'm running right now. The Hybrid will be larger and flowing more air (obviously), so I figure if you're gonna be writing tunes and tweaking, you probably should be doing it for the turbo thats gonna be on there for a while.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Matt wasn't lying when he said how good the truck drives. Wow. Talk about ultimate street file. No smoke at all just driving normally. That includes passing, getting on a freeway, whatever. No lugging anywhere or falling under the turbo. Truck gets up to speed effortlessly. Even at WOT no thick black smoke...just a haze. I'm tapped at 30-31 psi still though and egts while manageable are still too high for my liking. I did tow my Jeep home last night with tow/haul on @ 64 mph and about 900 egts.

For any of you guys with this turbo...I really think Matt has written the ultimate daily driver tune. Think we are gonna call it file 22. LOL

I pretty easily could be content just to leave my setup alone and drive it as is. It drives that good. (but I won't. lol)

Jared @ RCD has a cast wheel on the way to me to try in place of the batmowheel. We are gonna do the swap and see what we have. Thank you Jared for the support buddy!!

If that takes care of the problem....we'll add a lil bit of fuel to her. :cool:

Thanks again Matt R for all your work!

smokinstroker

Reaction score
if that new wheel gives you the psi you need, that truck should be a runner gare! a 68 is a hell of a lot of air for a street truck. and teh vgt drivability will keep you happy im sure.

congrats bud!

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Matt wasn't lying when he said how good the truck drives. Wow. Talk about ultimate street file. No smoke at all just driving normally. That includes passing, getting on a freeway, whatever. No lugging anywhere or falling under the turbo. Truck gets up to speed effortlessly. Even at WOT no thick black smoke...just a haze. I'm tapped at 30-31 psi still though and egts while manageable are still too high for my liking. I did tow my Jeep home last night with tow/haul on @ 64 mph and about 900 egts.

For any of you guys with this turbo...I really think Matt has written the ultimate daily driver tune. Think we are gonna call it file 22. LOL

I pretty easily could be content just to leave my setup alone and drive it as is. It drives that good. (but I won't. lol)

Jared @ RCD has a cast wheel on the way to me to try in place of the batmowheel. We are gonna do the swap and see what we have. Thank you Jared for the support buddy!!

If that takes care of the problem....we'll add a lil bit of fuel to her. :cool:

Thanks again Matt R for all your work!
Glad to hear Matt got it running right! I'm very curious to see what the cast wheel does since the turbo I have on the way has a billet wheel as well. BTW, are you running a 48v or 58v FICM and is it tuned? Just curious. I'm running a 58v with PHP's Hercules 100.

smokinstroker

Reaction score
I've talked to Eric about FICM tuning and he said there's not much really to gain once you have bigger injectors/turbos. Money better spent elsewhere is what I figured...

I'd re think that one lance.

I know my truck drove night and day different with a tuned ficm.

I've ran 3 different ficm tunes and 2 were close to the same one has made this biggest difference in throttle response and less low end smoke.

Gearhead

Reaction score
Think trying a tune might make you even happier? That 58v in my opinion isnt a whole lot different than their 48v

If someone wants to work with me on some ficm tunes there is a benefit to it even with the way I tuned this truck even with larger injectors.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.