Vanilla Ice buildup thread....

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Is the boost up at highway speeds? If so I may need to pull some vgt out at cruise and you would see temps go down.

Sounding like boost is down with the cast wheel Matt.

I'm out of town without the truck if how I'm posting sounds weird to anyone. Lol

HOOV3R

Reaction score
With my cts, I have an add on sensor for boost also. When you compare it to the map, they aren't very close.

Dave

Reaction score
A Jason's suggestion we are gonna try a mechanical gauge instead of the cts ...

The weird part is with mine boost reads dead on with a mech gauge with certain tuners and reads about 8-9 psi off with others.

WorleyG

Reaction score
I recently did a similar build with warren 190/100's, RCD 68mm powermax, airdog 2, and regulated return. Tony Wildman had been tuning my truck since I bought it and is now working on dialing this setup in. So far cruising at 70 on the highway I'm seeing egt's that are staying pretty steady below 800.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
I recently did a similar build with warren 190/100's, RCD 68mm powermax, airdog 2, and regulated return. Tony Wildman had been tuning my truck since I bought it and is now working on dialing this setup in. So far cruising at 70 on the highway I'm seeing egt's that are staying pretty steady below 800.

This is what I was hoping for. What size tires?

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Maybe I'll do a Coolingmist two stage kit like I had on the 7.3 and call it good.:D

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I thought you have mechanical gauges as well, that very well may be it then. I got a 60 psi Isspro off my truck if you want it, you'll need the line and fittings though. Its the white face with blue dial and numbers.

farm boy

Reaction score
Maybe I'll do a Coolingmist two stage kit like I had on the 7.3 and call it good.:D

Water is kind of a PITA. Unless your using it for towing or drag racing(lets face it, your not going to drag race itLOL). Boost is too low to use it most times on the street. I don't like spraying it below 10 psi.
So it comes on for 15 seconds while your merging on the hwy, then goes back off... not worth the $$$. I think you will be much happier getting your set-up dialed in w/out the use of water.

Towing is a different story. My egt's drop going up a hill when the water comes on... :thumbsup:

Mdub707

Reaction score
Isn't that the point? To come on when it's getting hot... and if boost is low and EGT's are down you don't want it on? It's not for power, it's for lower temps.

I agree, dialing it in without water is the way to go, and I'm sure Gare knows that. I'm guessing it was a joke...

Just caught up on this, was hoping the cast wheel would do something for you, but kind of not surprised it didn't I guess. What's the game plan now? Going PM?

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Isn't that the point? To come on when it's getting hot... and if boost is low and EGT's are down you don't want it on? It's not for power, it's for lower temps.

I agree, dialing it in without water is the way to go, and I'm sure Gare knows that. I'm guessing it was a joke...

Just caught up on this, was hoping the cast wheel would do something for you, but kind of not surprised it didn't I guess. What's the game plan now? Going PM?

I hope figuring out what the issue is. I got a benjamin says it isnt the 68's fault

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Tony Wildman is tuning my truck with the MTW stage1 and Nates truck with the MTW stage 3 with absolutely great results. Nates has the big turbo and 190/100's with a fully built everything except tranny and his truck is absolutely amazing. Do yourself a favor and call Tony. Looks like he has the big VGT game figured out, FO SHO!!

Gare, if you have any questions about this shoot me a PM and I'll send you my number. I'm sure Nate would be glad to talk to you too. Hope this helps.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
I hope figuring out what the issue is. I got a benjamin says it isnt the 68's fault
I'm fairly sure it isn't the turbo. It's the tuning. We been battling these same issues with the MTW big VGT's. The tuning is key and as I stated above Tony Wildman is making some fierce headway.

farm boy

Reaction score

Right, but one of his problems is low boost/high egt (cruising at 2psi/1000 egt). Water wont help with that.

Just read back... Yep, maybe he was joking. :pointlaugh:

strokin6L

Reaction score
water will be fine but you can have better user adjustability with a Snow stage III controller where you can controll each nozzle when to come on seperatly. I have the stage II system and it's nice, but i want to upgrade the controller to a stage III controller so i can have the smaller nozzle coming on just under 10psi. Right now i have 2 nozzles(1-225ml/min, 1-625ml/min). Injection starts at 15psi and full at 30psi...if it comes on sooner than 15psi it'll start to put the fire out too soon. This is where the stage III controller will be really nice to where you can start using the system as soon as you can without putting the fire out and having a little more power sooner.

MINK

Reaction score
I'm fairly sure it isn't the turbo. It's the tuning. We been battling these same issues with the MTW big VGT's. The tuning is key and as I stated above Tony Wildman is making some fierce headway.

Matt had the truck in his hands for acouple days...the tuner is plenty capable.

Latest posts

Members online