Want to get into the 700hp level

Dzchey21

Reaction score
My vote is mild fuel and.good air... keeps things smoke free and fun to drive

You have alot of choices but I personally feel high powers and 85 nozzles are an awesome combo

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Jeremy was talking about a fuel system to support 700 for less than a grand.....but I could be wrong. That still sounds pretty far fetched. LOL

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
no fuel system needed. elite pump and stock lpfp should do it. hell, a stock pump will do it if its in good shape.

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
hell, just the tow power atmo got 645 (ish) on stock fuel..... add an air dog, lift pump, and 60 nozzles, and you should be there. But, that is the cheap route... not bad, mind you, but, all those parts are maxxed out at that level, and leaves no room for improvement later on...

the really expensive stuff, is all the things that you SHOULD do when climbing to that level. Trans, torque converter, studs, pushrods, valvetrain, plumbing, etc......

but, have fun with what you have, and drive it like you stole it!

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
hell, just the tow power atmo got 645 (ish) on stock fuel..... add an air dog, lift pump, and 60 nozzles, and you should be there. But, that is the cheap route... not bad, mind you, but, all those parts are maxxed out at that level, and leaves no room for improvement later on...

the really expensive stuff, is all the things that you SHOULD do when climbing to that level. Trans, torque converter, studs, pushrods, valvetrain, plumbing, etc......

but, have fun with what you have, and drive it like you stole it!

It did like 655 on Rudy's dyno, but I think it's pretty understood that his dyno reads a little on the high side.

GTOKILLER

Reaction score
A very helpful article I found in the nov 2011 Diesel Power mag had a nicely layed out chart that showed dyno #'s with tons of different bolt on & heavy mod parts. It listed 7.3's 6.0's & 6.4's different hp range 400 600 700 800 ect.

There is way more knowledge on here for sure but that might be a nice guideline. It was for me!

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Just something to think about. Not sure how much you really want/ is practical for you. But tonight, My truck was enough to scare the crap out of my girlfirend, kill a Duramax and just piss off a Cummins. And tomorrow I will be pulling a 17,000 lb trailer. I maybe just a little over a tune, But it feels like a lot more than just a little. stock fuel, stock trans. I swear my truck from a roll is as responsive as a gas motor. There is no lag before your sideways and pedaling the throttle. :ford:

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Just something to think about. Not sure how much you really want/ is practical for you. But tonight, My truck was enough to scare the crap out of my girlfirend, kill a Duramax and just piss off a Cummins. And tomorrow I will be pulling a 17,000 lb trailer. I maybe just a little over a tune, But it feels like a lot more than just a little. stock fuel, stock trans. I swear my truck from a roll is as responsive as a gas motor. There is no lag before your sideways and pedaling the throttle. :ford:

I can't wait. :evil

WoodBoy

Reaction score
U could do our tow-power x atmosphere turbo. Comes with evrything needed to install. It will support over 700. Add the zmax intake manifold to keep egts down and power up. If cost is not an issue do Tpx complete kit or high powers. Twin pumps or wait for our diy pump kit. 85hp nozzles. u would have a fun smoke free driver.

Is there enough difference between the tow atmo and tow x atmo to justify the cost difference

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Is there enough difference between the tow atmo and tow x atmo to justify the cost difference

One is a modified stock low pressure with a 71mm billet wheel. The other is a 76mm Precision ball bearing. My guess is the potential power with added fuel is much greater with the 76mm. I would also assume that with it being a ball bearing it is going to be more reliable. I don't know the price difference though and I don't think there has been any dyno testing to see the true gains. You should be the first!

EDIT - Just read the description on Elite's site and saw the pricing. You get a lot of stuff for that $4500.

Last edited:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
One is a modified stock low pressure with a 71mm billet wheel. The other is a 76mm Precision ball bearing. My guess is the potential power with added fuel is much greater with the 76mm. I would also assume that with it being a ball bearing it is going to be more reliable. I don't know the price difference though and I don't think there has been any dyno testing to see the true gains. You should be the first!

i think corbin did 680 on aarons dyno with the 76 and the 71 did 670 or something like that. definitely room for growth with the 76 though.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.