Wastegates

mike@haller's

Reaction score
Stepping up Garrett. :naughty:

Running H&S Black Maxx with Hot Damn 300 download. I like the shift on the fly for daily driving and towing.

I just put the hot damn 300 tune in my crew cab also. With the preboost fueling set to 0 its a fun tune to dd with.

and to the op go with wide opens gate setup. Its a sweet kit and very easy to install.

Last edited:

Blowby

Reaction score
Thanks JD and all your teams hard work yesterday on my truck.

blackmonster

Reaction score
Heat

Now i know how important these hoses are and how they should be covered from heat so they do not melt!!!!

Last edited:

jdgleason

Reaction score
so, is wop's kit and this kit the same? i got a line on this kit, with the prewelded dp, for cheap. just want to get a idea of pro's and con's to each. one is gate low, which would be wop's kit, and this one is with the gate high, behind the turbo's.

http://www.elitedieselengineering.com/product/14550001/EGR-DeleteWastegate-Kit/

The kits are different. The biggest difference is going to be obviously the location of that gate, and how it is vented. WOP's kit is vented to atmosphere, and ours is plumbed back down into the downpipe.

I personally really like the gate being plumbed into the downpipe, because when it opens, its not loud, and soot is controlled and in the exhaust. Otherwise, soot will collect underneath the truck.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
so, in essence they are the same, doin the same thing, its just the location of the gate and where it vents to.

blackmonster

Reaction score
My lock ring would come loose all the time and the control button/boost adjuster would be off from were it was set. Then i would be driving with my gates not adjusted correctly. I would see this several times after road trips.
My truck would not be running good then i would open the hood and find it off the metal ring and just hanging there. It was like that after your shop installed it and the same after Rudy's as well. Like i said. I just never had any luck with it. I am sure other guys that have them are fine. Maybe it was were they put it?? To much heat? Vibration?

White_monster

Reaction score
My elite kit has been great since day one. Set it up and haven't touched it since and that's been a year. Both the elite kit and WOP kit are great. For the DIY guy the WOP kit is easier to install.

blackmonster

Reaction score
Kit

Try tightening the damn rings.

Erick i did that 10 times over. That was not the problem. It was were it was positioned. So if tighening the rings would stop it dont you think the 5 times it was at Aaron's shop they would have fixed it. It would just keep falling apart. I am telling you heat had a big problem with all my parts failing. Melted hoses to the control button. Melted hoses to the waste gates. It was a mess!! And i am the one sitting with 2 cracked heads, 1/4" spool play and now i have to spend more money to fix it all. You would be pissed to dude.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.