white swallow build

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
Colton maybe you should cancel your order with Rudy's and get it straight from elite? Seems like tadd could get it to you faster that way?

My response is not to send customers away from Rudy's. What I am trying to explain is that Rudy's orders in quantity to get quantity pricing. The way it works is when there kits are done, they're done. We don't pull out of Elite stock to fill Rudy's bulk orders, just the way it works. Rudy's bulk order is currently not complete. Elite's bulk order was in process 2 months prior to Rudy's order. Any NEW orders with Elite are being filled within about 5 days. Orders placed months ago did not leave in 5 days, its just that we have all of the parts in stock now.

Last edited:

blk350on20s

Reaction score
No. Youre right he does but it was like 8 or 9 kits. Not my fight but what are we machining here? 2 pulleys a kit? I dont see a mount being machined but fabbed for the hpfp. Probably a mount for the tensioner. Fuel lines being bent would be the last fabbed thing. Thats where i feel most the time would go due to the size and pressure that line takes. Are these being hand bent or is there a die and a machine?
Edit: Tadd answered my top question

Dzchey21

Reaction score
There are about 6 fuel fittings that are machined too. Plus there are spacers for the idlers too. Plus I know ford was back ordering tensioner too. I promise its not that easy to make the kits

smokinstroker

Reaction score
Not taking a stab at y'all tadd (if it came off that way) I have been rocking yalls parts on my truck since day 1. Parts are well worth the wait! Have never had a problem/fitment issue with yalls parts.

Sometimes it's better just to go to the source!
+1 for the wait on elites parts, they are always top quality.

poosniffer

Reaction score
This is a great build.Thanks for taking time also to post up some pics.Even tho I'm a Dmax guy myself I really like and RESPECT the 6.4 .Looks like you're doing everything right (and then some).Hopefully you'll do some vids when your project is done. Looking forward to the rest.

Super08Duty

Reaction score
This is a great build.Thanks for taking time also to post up some pics.Even tho I'm a Dmax guy myself I really like and RESPECT the 6.4 .Looks like you're doing everything right (and then some).Hopefully you'll do some vids when your project is done. Looking forward to the rest.

Thanks man, when its all put back together videos will follow.

As for the fueler issue, ive said what i feel is right. clarification on how orders were dealt with should have been stated months ago.

poosniffer

Reaction score
ya,that sux about waiting that long.How long did it take you to pull the cab? I really dig the F350/450's but I gotta admit my sphincter tightens up a little when I think about having to lift the cab.

blk350on20s

Reaction score
He had a lift and i believe this was his first one. Prolly had it off in a few hours

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Pulling the cab is harder on reg cab and extended cab trucks then crew cabs. Cab has been off my crewcab probably 10 times in the last two years lol

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Most two post lifts have too long of arms and they extend too far into the frame when you pick it up its hard not to catch the body mounts or the bed. Last time I spent half an hour just positioning the truck correctly on the lift and it barely fit

Super08Duty

Reaction score
Dustins right, its harder having an extended cab. It took me and morgan probably 3 hours to lift the cab, that included pulling the truck out of my lift bay using a forklift and turning the truck around to get it to where the arms wouldnt hit the body. It was our first time lifting a cab. 6.4s are actually much easier to lift then most people expect, Ford did a good job having everything easy to access for cab removal.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Dustins right, its harder having an extended cab. It took me and morgan probably 3 hours to lift the cab, that included pulling the truck out of my lift bay using a forklift and turning the truck around to get it to where the arms wouldnt hit the body. It was our first time lifting a cab. 6.4s are actually much easier to lift then most people expect, Ford did a good job having everything easy to access for cab removal.

Totally agree the actual.procedure is easy fluids are the only messy/crappy part but no big deal. Just getting the arms under the cab is enough to make you want to shoot yourself.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Me and nachos just did a ex cab didn't seem any different. Maybe the bars on the lift make a difference?

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
took me and my buddy 2 hours start to finish cab off on my ecsb with a rotary lift.

MorganY

Reaction score

Ive been through a few more cab off jobs since this initial project. Ford made it incredibly easy to pull the cab in a 6.4, I can get them off pretty quick. 6.0s are another story..04's suck because of the location of the ABS module.

Latest posts

Members online