Who's manifold is who's ?

jdgleason

Reaction score
Ok so I'm first gonna say i stand correct right now.... The manifold i see on your website now I have nothing to bitch about, you guys actually cut it apart... Big props now that being said thr last time i saw them they looked just like what BFT just posted... Looks identical to gogos minus the fuel bowl divet is still there... Ok so here we go about how can dougs intake be copied.. hell call the guy and he tells you how he designs any of his parts I lik that maybe a knock bc he shouldn't trust people lile he does... A simple look at that intake and it doesn't take a rocket scientest to figure out that ypu milled the casting that the stock bolts go through and used plugs to seal the intake...

My biggest complaint is you guys are a big company and your gonna strait up steal a smaller guys idea? i mean make a jig and get into that thing... I'm sorry i know i speak my mind a lot but i am a union worker and it really pisses me off when stuff like this happeneds, you can lie and say you didnt but you look at the two manifolds and they look identical, just like his 6.0 manifolds which I'm sure you could have gotten if needed...
But like i stated before your manifold now looks amazing and loooks like you did some serious r&d into it good job

Also i know I'm gonna be the only one on my side and thats fine.. I'm just more of a smaller company guy... And the way your man just said I was wrong when he clearly didnt have any facts about it set me off. I've won't be doing buiness with you guys again for this is the third time I've been talked down to ny elite employes
You don't honestly think elite copied a gogo manifold do you?

As for being talked down to, you didn't answer a single question of mine and didnt defend any of your statements with facts. It's easy to pick your argument apart.

oneturboforme

Reaction score
The difference between me and Wayne is I dont repsent a company, ya proving me wrong is one thing doing that pointing laugh bs that's another... That's professional isnt it.. I mean i said your incorrect... I dont have a problem with you.. you could have told me no I'm not wrong and posted proof or even kept arguing... And yes i DO beleave the intake is copied... lOOK at the thing

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
How many different ways are there to make an Intake Manifold? If the end result is to increase flow... it seems like most all smarter engineers will find the best way possible, which might result in two items being similar.

yes they look pretty close, but in my opinion they should. Its the right way to do it.

most all exhausts look the same... are they copied from one another? I believe that is just the best way to do it, and so that is what the product came out as

BFT

Reaction score
Ok so I'm first gonna say i stand correct right now.... The manifold i see on your website now I have nothing to bitch about, you guys actually cut it apart... Big props now that being said thr last time i saw them they looked just like what BFT just posted... Looks identical to gogos minus the fuel bowl divet is still there... Ok so here we go about how can dougs intake be copied.. hell call the guy and he tells you how he designs any of his parts I lik that maybe a knock bc he shouldn't trust people lile he does... A simple look at that intake and it doesn't take a rocket scientest to figure out that ypu milled the casting that the stock bolts go through and used plugs to seal the intake...

My biggest complaint is you guys are a big company and your gonna strait up steal a smaller guys idea? i mean make a jig and get into that thing... I'm sorry i know i speak my mind a lot but i am a union worker and it really pisses me off when stuff like this happeneds, you can lie and say you didnt but you look at the two manifolds and they look identical, just like his 6.0 manifolds which I'm sure you could have gotten if needed...
But like i stated before your manifold now looks amazing and loooks like you did some serious r&d into it good job

Also i know I'm gonna be the only one on my side and thats fine.. I'm just more of a smaller company guy... And the way your man just said I was wrong when he clearly didnt have any facts about it set me off. I've won't be doing buiness with you guys again for this is the third time I've been talked down to ny elite employes

elite is a small company too, shoot the majority of the diesel companies are small.
im a union guy too, and so far my mouth has done nothing but get me in troubleLOL. elite had a similar intake to the one that was shown but not until recently did they come out with this. heavyhaul, erikclaw and i are the only ones running it from my knowledge

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Saying that a ported stock intake manifold is copied is like saying that an EGR blocker plate is copied. I mean come on dude.....

oneturboforme

Reaction score
How many different ways are there to make an Intake Manifold? If the end result is to increase flow... it seems like most all smarter engineers will find the best way possible, which might result in two items being similar.

yes they look pretty close, but in my opinion they should. Its the right way to do it.

most all exhausts look the same... are they copied from one another? I believe that is just the best way to do it, and so that is what the product came out as

Not trying to pick a fight... But of ypu had money...(big company) would you do thos diesign shown or do like elote does now amd cut it apart to make sure all the casting flaws were put of it.... Like i said before I stand correct about how there made now but your eqrlier models were copies

Erikclaw

Reaction score
You must be talking to Doug too much and believe all the bs and badmouthing he does about everyone in the industry. That is one thing that turned me off to him. First time on the phone he goes into a tierade, badmouth and insults people that I consider friends. When I called him on it, he doesn't understand why I don't want to do business with him. I paid for what was already being shipped and sold it. Theirs are some of the best designed and performing in the market.
Elite wouldn't copy it, most of their parts that are for these 6.4's were designed and then produced before anyone else even started on them. Big company? Ever notice why parts are hard to get? They don't have inventory sitting around like ones with deep pockets do.

Wayne

Reaction score
Wayne elite teach you to copy in paste.. kinda like there intake that's half of dougs design....
You calling me out on this stuff with no reference is :bs: Show me where this came from, and I'll be glad to clarify anything you want. Again, it's clear that you're going to bat for MPD, which is fine, and they do have quality products. I'm impressed with the quality of the components I've seen from them. Going to bat for them unfortunately usually translates into unsubstantiated claims which you, at this point, have made. It's also pretty ridiculous standing behind MPD when they're the KINGS of parts copying, then bad-mouthing Elite for "copying" parts.

Elite, or anyone else for that matter, wouldn't want to copy Go-go's most recent intake design anyway considering elite's intake is a sealed unit with plenty of flow, while the Go-go intake uses ORB fittings with welds passing through the o-ring sealing bases of the plug bungs, destroying the sealing abilities of the plugs. His concept is great, but execution is poor. When Go-go comes up with a better design, then it might be worth copying

91turbogsx

Reaction score
Saying that a ported stock intake manifold is copied is like saying that an EGR blocker plate is copied. I mean come on dude.....

Exactly. Get sick of seeing arguments about copying when once in a while there is only one way of doing it. Pick the company you want to work with. Done.

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
Actually we have always milled out the 6.4 intake. Take a closer look.

Attachments

• IMG_20110414_154440.jpg
    IMG_20110414_154440.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 192
  • Z-max 64L.jpg
    Z-max 64L.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 171
  • IMG_2232.jpg
    IMG_2232.jpg
    1,008.4 KB · Views: 171

Dzchey21

Reaction score
yeah dougs mouth sometimes gets old, and i have found the people who do the most trash talking are usually the most guilty of whatever it is they are bitching about.

Im pretty sure elites intake is farmed out to ZZ fab anyway, and im pretty sure they had the intake for a long time, so its hard to say who started on the intake first, but in reality there is only so much you can do with it anyway

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I've won't be doing buiness with you guys again for this is the third time I've been talked down to ny elite employes

so you talk $hit about real business and livelyhood's, then you turn tail and stand corrected, then you plead " ive been talked down to" you deserve to be talked down to based on your statements. did you not think for one second you werent gonna catch $hit for making statements about products you obviously dont know much about. maybe you should call doug and ask for financial advice too!!

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Not trying to pick a fight... But of ypu had money...(big company) would you do thos diesign shown or do like elote does now amd cut it apart to make sure all the casting flaws were put of it.... Like i said before I stand correct about how there made now but your eqrlier models were copies

I don't think you understand. It has been said before... Elite is not a big company!

There are only a few diesel companies that are actually "big". If a company doesn't employ more than 25 people, it is not big in my books.

Oh, and how much different can it look? It's not like they have a huge area to work with so it can look different.

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Ya Wayne just post what I said after you bashed on me... Ive talked to doug a whole two times... Never bad mouthed anyone.. just simply talked about a trans part once and the intake manifold... And Wayne your manifold was just shown with plugs in it.. that's the manifold i was talking about talking about keeping threads on topic... Im not talkong about if gogo bad mouths people but of elite copied his intake

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Damn employees that stick up for their company and don't appreciate someone talking crap about their products. I think they are setting you straight and you take it as being talked down to.
So I guess you should call out ZMax too since they are the ones doing the modifying of that "coppied" manifold.

oneturboforme

Reaction score
so you talk $hit about real business and livelyhood's, then you turn tail and stand corrected, then you plead " ive been talked down to" you deserve to be talked down to based on your statements. did you not think for one second you werent gonna catch $hit for making statements about products you obviously dont know much about. maybe you should call doug and sk for financial advice too!!

I wasn't talking about the intake comment I know I wasoutta line.. but that was after the fact.. I'm all for good argument. When did i turn tail? I said i was wrong about your new intakes but your old ones are copied sorry bud

Latest posts

Members online