Who's manifold is who's ?

Wayne

Reaction score
because tadd posted a picture of the top cut off and the picture that BFT posted has the top cut off as well, which i think dougs dont? Correct me if im wrong
the go-go unit I saw had the top cut off, and a new one welded on, similar to the one Elite sells. I'm only basing my information off of pics I've seen online, and the one unit I held in my hand.

jdgleason

Reaction score
Jd I never said you have talked down to me.... You seem to be a real good guy.... And what questions? I know I could post crap about bolt stretch but a simple google search will tell you more then I could and explain it better

Ok I must have misunderstood your posts. :cheers:

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Man this post is going everywhere....injectors... Ya ppl have nozzles some 6 some 8 hole from 30% over to 100% over maybe more.....

If everyone wants to sit back and say making aligations I dont know anything about that's perfectly fine... I guess posting a chart with tq values that are nothing close to what were talking aboutand trying to make fun of a guy who wants some answers is.. well thats good to know,

All in all elite comes out with some great products no doubt there leading In a lot of performance areas, I personally don't like how they run things but thats ME, but honestly if they can sit back and say there first manifolds aren't copied that's good for them... I personally don't beleave it but once again thats me and I dony have a company to represent.....

I will say this I'm very proud of there new intake and i feel it shoulda been like that b4 they went into production good work.guys

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Erik he might not like doug and is pulling it off for personal reasons some people do that i have heard that Doug bad mouths i personally havent heard it but like i said ive talked to two times...

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Mods will you do all of us a favor and move this to that ranting thread it has no useful info about 6.4 performance at all

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
I have both manifoilds and there completly different in there builds. The only thing that is the same is the quest for airflow. I currently have the elite manifold on. That is all.

redx

Reaction score
Why does the elite manifold cut the top off, and reuse the plugs on the welded top plate? Seems like backwards logic and more places to leak. And whats the deal with the "bridge" on the back of the manifold?

Jhaddox

Reaction score
Why does the elite manifold cut the top off, and reuse the plugs on the welded top plate? Seems like backwards logic and more places to leak. And whats the deal with the "bridge" on the back of the manifold?

Reusing the factory tops insure that the stock turbos will fit, if the tops were replaced on the 6.4's all the stock turbo'd and aftermarket compound trucks could run into problems

Thats the logic I've been told, don't know if this holds true for Elite too or they have another reason for doing it that way.

redx

Reaction score
The ones that tadd posted on page 4 and their website sure don't look like the original tops, Looks like fabbed aluminum. Then again, i have yet to see them in person.

jdgleason

Reaction score

Access to the bolts....

idkillinit

Reaction score
You calling me out on this stuff with no reference is :bs: Show me where this came from, and I'll be glad to clarify anything you want. Again, it's clear that you're going to bat for MPD, which is fine, and they do have quality products. I'm impressed with the quality of the components I've seen from them. Going to bat for them unfortunately usually translates into unsubstantiated claims which you, at this point, have made. It's also pretty ridiculous standing behind MPD when they're the KINGS of parts copying, then bad-mouthing Elite for "copying" parts.

Elite, or anyone else for that matter, wouldn't want to copy Go-go's most recent intake design anyway considering elite's intake is a sealed unit with plenty of flow, while the Go-go intake uses ORB fittings with welds passing through the o-ring sealing bases of the plug bungs, destroying the sealing abilities of the plugs. His concept is great, but execution is poor. When Go-go comes up with a better design, then it might be worth copying

I don't know if I missed something but I'm trying to understand why mpd was drug into this as they were not involved in these false acusations at all. They didnt even respond to defend themselves. This is what I would consider unprofessional. Even tho it seems there is not a single company that produces parts that has maintained any kind of professionalism for the last few years. I'm not picking a side at all but I'm sure everyone agrees when I say the bashing and gossip like were 15 yo girls needs to come to an end.

Charles

Reaction score
I couldn't help but notice that the stacks of 2x4's I just saw at Lowes were nearly identical to the ones I bought from Home Depot yesterday...

Now if I could just figure out who copied who... or frankly, how to give a ***...

TurboM700

Reaction score
To me the manifolds are the same principle but executed differently

GO-Go (dougs) machine's the top off then machine chamfers in the holes going down into the cylinders in the manifold. After this, he welds a top on them cuts a slot for a o-ring and drill 20 some odd holes to bolt another top on. To install Go-Go you remove the first top off install the bolts holding the manifold down and then reinstall the top plate.

Elite machines the top off the OEM manifold. Then makes a new top half that has NPT holes so you can access the bolts that hold the manifold down thru a NPT fitting. After the manifold is bolted down you replace the NPT plugs and your good to go.

Personal I like Elite better.

One it easier to make you have on part with hole for NPT.
2nd it easier to get a NPT thread to seal then it is to get a o-ring that runs around the top of the part to seal. Plus a NPT will last longer then a tiny little o-ring running around the part.

Just my 2 cents

Mike

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
I couldn't help but notice that the stacks of 2x4's I just saw at Lowes were nearly identical to the ones I bought from Home Depot yesterday...

Now if I could just figure out who copied who... or frankly, how to give a ***...

Best post on here, who really gives a ***?!

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
To me the manifolds are the same principle but executed differently

GO-Go (dougs) machine's the top off then machine chamfers in the holes going down into the cylinders in the manifold. After this, he welds a top on them cuts a slot for a o-ring and drill 20 some odd holes to bolt another top on. To install Go-Go you remove the first top off install the bolts holding the manifold down and then reinstall the top plate.

Elite machines the top off the OEM manifold. Then makes a new top half that has NPT holes so you can access the bolts that hold the manifold down thru a NPT fitting. After the manifold is bolted down you replace the NPT plugs and your good to go.

Personal I like Elite better.

One it easier to make you have on part with hole for NPT.
2nd it easier to get a NPT thread to seal then it is to get a o-ring that runs around the top of the part to seal. Plus a NPT will last longer then a tiny little o-ring running around the part.

Just my 2 cents

Mike

You're lost. The Go-Go manifold machines the bolt post holes out from the lid then TIG's a ORB fitting into the runner for access to the intake bolts. The Elite manifold removes the lid and replaces it with a custom fabbed aluminum top with pipe plug fittings TIG'd in the lid for access to the intake bolts. Doug chose not to remove the lids and machine from the top down, Elite's design machines everything with the lids off. Regardless, the Go-Go manifold wasn't in Elite's hands until 4-5 months (??) after Tadd released their ZZ fab piece. Only reason tadd had a Gogo manifold at that time anyway was simply because a customer's gogo manifold was leaking from the ORB fittings and needed repair. Tadd didn't copy Doug's design. That was speculation a lot of people, including myself at the time, were guilty of with no proof. They are intake manifolds. They both have quirks as does any aftermarket custom part. Pick whatever one you want and run it. B!tching about it and making off the wall statements about plagerisim is just a waste of breath that people aren't gonna take sitting down

**on edit** Turbom700- Im not speaking to you about the plagerisim comments. I just see a couple in here making comments that aren't truthful and needed to be addressed. Kinda lumped my post together. No offense meant

Last edited:

powr2stroke

Reaction score
The bridge across the back is probably to keep it from twisting during the welding process and for shipping purposes .

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.