Wicked wheel 2

tampa_steve

Reaction score
Id like to keep the thread on topic and see how many 6.7s with this wicked wheel actually benefit with no BOOM

The motor in this truck did not fail from the WW2, when I changed the oil after the turbo work saw metal coming out the drain. Pulled lower oil pan and found bearings.

Lincoln locker, yes there where points on it. Also look at the fin location compared to the edge. One one side they are at the edge, on the other there is about 5mm till the edge.

Randy_270

Reaction score
I'm trying to decide if I wanna go this route or if I wanna spend the extra cash on a duramax turbo kit. Is it turbo bark if you're driving and your turbo makes a sound or is it surge? When I'm cruising slowly around 1000rpm in 6th gear and slowly accelerate my turbo makes a sound like turbo bark, but I never let off the throttle.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
The motor in this truck did not fail from the WW2, when I changed the oil after the turbo work saw metal coming out the drain. Pulled lower oil pan and found bearings.

Lincoln locker, yes there where points on it. Also look at the fin location compared to the edge. One one side they are at the edge, on the other there is about 5mm till the edge.

Why is the stock wheel not round? Is there a GOOD reason for this or is this just poor QC?

c.jank

Reaction score
I'm trying to decide if I wanna go this route or if I wanna spend the extra cash on a duramax turbo kit. Is it turbo bark if you're driving and your turbo makes a sound or is it surge? When I'm cruising slowly around 1000rpm in 6th gear and slowly accelerate my turbo makes a sound like turbo bark, but I never let off the throttle.

The duramax kit is pricey.. but check out danville he makes some awesome turbos. his 68mm stage 2 would be sick, and they sound amazing

Randy_270

Reaction score
The duramax kit is pricey.. but check out danville he makes some awesome turbos. his 68mm stage 2 would be sick, and they sound amazing

I was actually looking at the Danville Performance BMW 2.5 Stage 2. They say its capable of 700hp and had modified vanes and exhaust housing to reduce drive pressure.

Buck1

Reaction score
So did you get to run the wicked wheel enough to decide if it is worth the money?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Randy_270

Reaction score
I don't know if he's driven it or not but this is what he said on the .org
Finally got it all done!!! Runs great, definitely boost quicker and has more pull over a stock truck.

Will be ordering one for my truck now and will see how it works with the war hammer tune.

To me it sounds like he's driven it or hes going off what his boss (owner of the truck) said

tampa_steve

Reaction score
Truck was running last Friday, have driven it with the wicked wheel. Definitely with the 400.

Buck1

Reaction score
That's what I needed to know. Thx! Will advise all if I pull the trigger, as I am all deleted and might be a nice comparison.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
Im thinking this will eventually need a MCC tune for the people that have done this mod to raise limit above the 22lb-24lb. The wheel would def. help all of us who are running H&S 150hp canned tunes (Maybe with a little MCC modification), and prevent these turbos from going out

tampa_steve

Reaction score
The deleted tune is the h&s 150 box tune, boost is at 31-32lbs. Still have a faint black smoke, fuel pressure is not dropping and egt's are staying around 1200 at WOT

Latest posts

Members online