Younger1993 build

MorganY

Reaction score
This truck is finally fun to drive again, and I actually WANT to drive it!! :redspotdance: EGTs are very nice, at full song I am seeing 1200 on the pyro. Seems this manifold is helping quite a bit! I was making 42lbs of boost max during WOT, need to get a regulator on the gate, because it may be opening. Wasn't able to apply boost to the top of the gate to keep it shut due to not having a "t" for the boost source. I did some more WOT runs from a dead stop, and looking over the video, it has big time lag down low, only from a dead stop, not while driving. Will check over the truck during the daytime when I have more time and light to check for exhaust leaks. More in depth datalogging and review will happen tomorrow :thumbsup:

MorganY

Reaction score
Drove it again, couldn't help it. Looked over the motor before I went back inside and found this...the remnants were next to the oil fill bowl lol. Guess that didnt help boost.

DAC-957DFBDE45E8-6587-00000428FD5DA0E8_zpse0161e40.jpg

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
Yeah that 50mm gate is a bit much if she's opening all the way, what spring tension is in it, its probably opening on spool up if it has a wweak spring

smokinstroker

Reaction score
It for sure has a weak spring. I remember changing them out with Morgan. it's going to need boost to keep it shut.

Congrats on it running buddy!!

Super08Duty

Reaction score
It for sure has a weak spring. I remember changing them out with Morgan. it's going to need boost to keep it shut.

Congrats on it running buddy!!

He put a bigger spring in when the gate went back on. There's possibly a boost leak in the exhaust side of the piping that we couldn't find last night. Should have it figured out soon enough. Truck pulls hard with a lot of potential boost left on the table. Morgan's being pretty modest with the boost so he doesn't curly fry a rod. For some reason he doesn't want to give it a sniff of giggle gas...

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
when I first put compounds on my truck it took me about 2 weeks to track down all the problems keeping it from boosting. Started out at 30psi then went to 42... etc until it was up to 62psi at WOT. Keeping the gate from opening to much was my biggest problem.

MorganY

Reaction score
Fixed the intake elbow gasket. I used motorcraft sealant under the CFM. I think it will work better. Also found a nut missing on the drivers side up pipe, on the transmission side, easy fix. Those two things made a noticeable improvement in driving. Seems to be holding much more boost. I'm not sure if there is something wrong with my egt gauge, but I cruise around town at 600° no problem, WOT isn't going over 1200°. 3rd gear, 2000rpms, 7psi. It's awesome. Very clean on the street too. I need to get a go pro vid driving around town, and a burnout vid here this week.....:evil:

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Drove it again, couldn't help it. Looked over the motor before I went back inside and found this...the remnants were next to the oil fill bowl lol. Guess that didnt help boost.

DAC-957DFBDE45E8-6587-00000428FD5DA0E8_zpse0161e40.jpg

CFM elbow I presume? Ditch that thing, I had the same issue with mine, stupid paper gasket always blowing out. I had to carry spares with me for roadside change outs till I scrapped it.

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
Clean on the street, but how is it when you let her loose. Glad to hear icp is holding nice for u

Latest posts

Members online