13-16 Spartan tuning

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
Note to guys waiting on tunes-

I've made some converter lockup changes to 13/14MY applications tonight, for performance purposes. Anyone waiting on a fileset for a 13/14 vehicle, I'm running about 24 hours behind to implement the new changes. Will be getting them out ASAP.

drservo

Reaction score
nDash is the better monitor. nGauge would be a closer match to Livewire as far as the number of items you can monitor at a time, although the nGauge selection list is more specific and better geared toward 6.4 and 6.7 than Livewire.

I will mention, however, that it will likely be several months before firmware is ready for 13-16MY applications on nDash. nGauge will be the sole tuner until our software engineer can get that done.

Thanks for the info!

O4ep3civ

Reaction score
I would really like to see the different mounting options for the ngauge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I would really like to see the different mounting options for the ngauge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only option for now is the suction cup, GPS style mount.

It fits perfectly in the round air vents, but you would have to figure out a way to get the OBDII cable to the OBDII port. That would requiring drilling a hole in your paneling into your vent. You would also have to figure out a way to prevent condensation from building up on the backside of the tuner while the AC is running.

What would be great is if someone could design an a-pillar pod big enough to hold the nGauge. All of the a-pillar gauge pods on the market are too small.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Email sent for my 15. Hopefully the wait for tunes is not too long. :rockon:

Ipkyss

Reaction score
You should have yours in your email by now

Had them when I got home from work. Only loaded the 450 tune as I have a ton of towing to do this weekend. Runs good, shifts good. One thing I noticed was when letting the tranny learn like I am use to in a 6.4 it seemed to make things worse. All it took was One full throttle run and it shifts every gear perfect. Truck sounds really good after it warms up some.

uga33

Reaction score
Literally just got done doing an nGauge, 5" Flo Pro, S&B intake and a No Limit EGR ****** kit to a '15 with 600 miles on it. Loaded up the 550 race file. Awesome daily driving characteristics with lots of power on tap when you get in it. File runs very clean. Shifts are perfect.

PS,

Don't forget to plug your ECT2 sensor back in so you wouldn't have to bother your good buddy Jeff at midnight.

jwanck11

Reaction score
I am seeing "shifts perfect." Can you guys elaborate a bit more on this?

Is there any flare, at all, between any gears?
How are the downshifting characteristics?

etc...

Notneb

Reaction score
Someone please talk about how the SOTF is working, I had my street tune loaded instead of race, got walked on... I need SOTF in my life!!!

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Literally just got done doing an nGauge, 5" Flo Pro, S&B intake and a No Limit EGR ****** kit to a '15 with 600 miles on it. Loaded up the 550 race file. Awesome daily driving characteristics with lots of power on tap when you get in it. File runs very clean. Shifts are perfect.

PS,

Don't forget to plug your ECT2 sensor back in so you wouldn't have to bother your good buddy Jeff at midnight.

Lucky for you I'm a night owl. Lol

Ipkyss

Reaction score
I am seeing "shifts perfect." Can you guys elaborate a bit more on this?

Is there any flare, at all, between any gears?
How are the downshifting characteristics?

etc...

Shifting pattern is just like stock. A little more firm. And the shifts are quick and clean. On the 450 tune at least.

Runs and drives awesome. Two things I don't like so far. Exhaust brake doesn't work. It starts to come on for a second then nothing. Exhaust sounds really good but has this duramax screech to it around 3/4 throttle but I still have the stock exhaust with just a ****** pipe. Hoping a full exhaust will get rid of that.

uga33

Reaction score
Only reason I called Jeffrey.

After a few times through the gears, the shifts are nice and crisp. Not firm or aggressive. Just nice and crisp. No flares. Downshifting is spot on. No banging or clunking. Just a positive bump.

15s run really well tuned compared to the 11-14's. I know this is to be expected, but it was my first time pushing a 15 truck.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Shifting pattern is just like stock. A little more firm. And the shifts are quick and clean. On the 450 tune at least.

Runs and drives awesome. Two things I don't like so far. Exhaust brake doesn't work. It starts to come on for a second then nothing. Exhaust sounds really good but has this duramax screech to it around 3/4 throttle but I still have the stock exhaust with just a ****** pipe. Hoping a full exhaust will get rid of that.

5" exhaust will help, but you're going to have to get used to the Duramax exhaust note. There is very little difference regardless.

Only reason I called Jeffrey.

After a few times through the gears, the shifts are nice and crisp. Not firm or aggressive. Just nice and crisp. No flares. Downshifting is spot on. No banging or clunking. Just a positive bump.

15s run really well tuned compared to the 11-14's. I know this is to be expected, but it was my first time pushing a 15 truck.

I told you. :evil

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Expected trans life on a hard driven 550-600 tune in a 15-16 truck?
Did y'all find some safety in there somewhere or is it still gonna eat the trans no matter what?

Ipkyss

Reaction score
My understanding is 550 it should last a while with normal driving. 600 and it's short lived.

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
Someone please talk about how the SOTF is working, I had my street tune loaded instead of race, got walked on... I need SOTF in my life!!!

We already have software in BETA internally, waiting on switching hardware and cables to arrive.

Would any of you be interested in seeing a killswitch and/or valet mode (low power) incorporated into the SOTF? I know 7.3 guys are pretty fond if it, looking for input from potential 6.7 customers. It's something that could be incorporated with only moderate additional work on my part.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.