2002 crank no start

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
Going off of the fuse panel cover its #12
823e7b8e46dd42fac90942ac5339c092.jpg

Man thanks alot if it is that fuse would that maybe why its not starting the pcm not having power? Is that plug for the fuel bowl heater the one on backside of fuel bowl?

dsberman94

Reaction score
Yes the plug on the back. If that fuse is blown then yes that could be why it's not starting. I battled that for a week last winter around this time. Let it sit for a week because I thought it was something worse and got stuck driving a 98 jeep Cherokee, all over a 5 cent fuse.

Last edited:

IHPowerstroke7.3

Reaction score
If PCM power fuses are good, I would be checking power and ground circuits to the PCM before replacing the PCM. Also it could be just a problem with the wiring for the diagnostic connector. Sometime the pins get loose from use and you don't get a good connection. Check to see if you have power and ground at the diagnostic connector as well.

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help guys. I just unplugged the fuel bowl heater and i checked fuse 12 and it looks good. i will get some more fuses tommorow just to change it out. The cig lighter still isnt working but i have power at the obd2 port. I am no mechanic hell i have never used a test light before but im learning fast though.
This thing broke on me november 12 and if i get her running talk about a great moment.

Last edited:

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
Is that the chip? The wire running from my selector switch to change tunes runs behind that but I can't get to it without taking that cover apart. It's loose also you can see the connector wiggle in there if you look carefully.

Attachments

• 20160125_160545.jpg
    20160125_160545.jpg
    569.8 KB · Views: 60

dsberman94

Reaction score
Yea. That's the chip. Just pull it out. You don't need to take the PCM apart to do that. Wiggle and pull while you grab the edges. It'll come out. Just make sure the keys aren't in the ignition.

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
See that wire runs behind it into that grey box, that connector is loose. The wire for changing the tunes. Sorry for such crappy pics

Attachments

• 20160125_223800.jpg
    20160125_223800.jpg
    329.8 KB · Views: 57

dsberman94

Reaction score
Pull the whole thing out and you'll be able to check stuff out and fix it better. The "gray box" is the PCM. and that wire is for the selector switch, correct. That needs to be plugged into the chip but the chip may also be the reason why your truck isn't starting. So take the keys out of the ignition, and then pull the chip, the whole thing, out of the PCM and try starting the truck. If that connector for the selector switch is in fact off then that could be your issue also, but you won't be able to even put that back on without pulling the chip out of the PCM.

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
Pull the whole thing out and you'll be able to check stuff out and fix it better. The "gray box" is the PCM. and that wire is for the selector switch, correct. That needs to be plugged into the chip but the chip may also be the reason why your truck isn't starting. So take the keys out of the ignition, and then pull the chip, the whole thing, out of the PCM and try starting the truck. If that connector for the selector switch is in fact off then that could be your issue also, but you won't be able to even put that back on without pulling the chip out of the PCM.

Ok will do, i will unbolt it tommorow so hopefully i can get into it to try and fix it. Yes wire is for the selector switch. Thanks agian for all the replys you guys have been a great help and we might get this thing running. I just see 2 bolts holding it on not sure if there is a 3rd i dont see. I did a search but not finding any pics, its hard for me to see because im so fat barely fit 420LBS :(

Arisley

Reaction score
You DO NOT have to take the PCM apart. Just grab hold of the chip and pull straight out. Make sure the keys are in your pocket.

Check the fuses with a meter, not your eyes. You eyes will lie to you. If your WTS light is working, you PCM is getting power. The PCM turns the WTS light on and off.

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
You DO NOT have to take the PCM apart. Just grab hold of the chip and pull straight out. Make sure the keys are in your pocket.

Check the fuses with a meter, not your eyes. You eyes will lie to you. If your WTS light is working, you PCM is getting power. The PCM turns the WTS light on and off.

OK I had someone check the fuses with a meter about a week ago, I don't have a meter. I pulled the fuse last night and it looked OK it's a new fuse. The wts comes on and goes off as normal. We have rain as soon as it stops I will pull the chip. If my PCM is getting power I wonder why I can't get it to communicate with the 4 different scanners I tried.

Last edited:

ToMang07

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the OBDII port is on a different fuse, the same one the cig lighter is on.

Arisley

Reaction score
If you are going to be working on your own truck, first thing you need to invest in is the tools to do the work. You need a meter. Buy the best one you can afford. If all you can afford is one from Harbor Freight, get it. it will work until you can afford something better. If you don't know how to use it, we will help you out, or there are a million Utube videos to show you. We can talk you through just about anything, but you need a few basic tools. A meter is one of them.

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
If you are going to be working on your own truck, first thing you need to invest in is the tools to do the work. You need a meter. Buy the best one you can afford. If all you can afford is one from Harbor Freight, get it. it will work until you can afford something better. If you don't know how to use it, we will help you out, or there are a million Utube videos to show you. We can talk you through just about anything, but you need a few basic tools. A meter is one of them.

You are correct, i got laid off work last year if it wasnt for that this damm thing would be in a shop. I just dont know what i am doing but trying to figure it out. i did a bunch of searching before posting because it looks like others have suffered similar problems. I am just so pissed because i cant look for work without a vehicle and on top of that my wifes 4 runner is broke also. Sorry i just dont even know what to do and i am going crazy havent left my house in months with no transportation. You guys have been great with all the help i cant thank yall enough. I paid a mobile mechanic 80 bucks he just looked seen oil in the valley and said it was my hpop, he has pased my house a dozen times since and wont even look my way and he sees me struggling to fix it. By the way i pulled the chip and still nothing. Again thank you to everyone who has replied.

Turbosuzuki

Reaction score
Guys i see on the diagrams that fuse #12 is for the cig lighter and data link, but i thought the pcm and fuel heater were on that one.

On another one it says f2.36 fuse is pcm and f2.22 fuse is fuel injectors and pcm, i am lost now. I dont see anything about fuel bowl heater. Now when i had a buddy over he had a test light and all the fuses tested good but i will check them again.

Last edited: