250/200s sooner than later.....

Power Hungry

Reaction score
I'd go with the 3.73s. The truck doesn't hop and you're not getting any (or nothing noticeable anyway) axle wrap, so stick 3.73's in and go. Save the traction bars for later.

Lowdown89

Reaction score
I'd go with the 3.73s. The truck doesn't hop and you're not getting any (or nothing noticeable anyway) axle wrap, so stick 3.73's in and go. Save the traction bars for later.

Will do, and for anyone wondering I figured I would post my questions and answers like this in here because a lot of times I wonder what people are doing with their builds and what works and doesn't so, if I post up things like this hopefully people can see all the major and even the not so major stuff I'm doing so possibly someone who might have had the same questions or whatever that i did will be able to gain something from this.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Will do, and for anyone wondering I figured I would post my questions and answers like this in here because a lot of times I wonder what people are doing with their builds and what works and doesn't so, if I post up things like this hopefully people can see all the major and even the not so major stuff I'm doing so possibly someone who might have had the same questions or whatever that i did will be able to gain something from this.

Exactly! I knew you were doing it for people to see, from the outside, what takes place during a build.

Lowdown89

Reaction score
well i ordered, 3.73 gear set and install kit earlier and also a guy i had talked to who was building a 7.3 a while back on a mustang forum i was a member of had a brand new in the box fluidampr he told me if i wanted it could get it for $200 just because he needed the cash so i bought that as well... will it really do anything? i guess we will find out i have seen some people swear by them on higher HP engines so i figure it couldnt hurt since mine is pretty freaking old and beat up lol

dietoremain

Reaction score
Sweet! keep us updated jason I want a new video. Im excited for ya.. you're doing pretty much my dream build lol. I need a forged motor tho.. :(

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Sweet! keep us updated jason I want a new video. Im excited for ya.. you're doing pretty much my dream build lol. I need a forged motor tho.. :(

Haha the videos are up to bill, he has the truck not me.... I live close enough to take him parts for it when needed or something like that but far enough away that I'm not down at the shop all the time dicking off and getting in his way as he messes with my junk and his black truck which is also quite a beast and the reason I think about jumping ship and try to buy a 6.0 a lot lol...... I just hand him the keys and say work yo magik haha

dietoremain

Reaction score
Im so jealous. I need my own personal bill. Haha. I sent him a token of my appreciation he will receive it Monday..

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Im so jealous. I need my own personal bill. Haha. I sent him a token of my appreciation he will receive it Monday..

I have given up all my other projects to work on the truck... I have a bagged and body dropped ranger that's in a million pieces, a 4wd ranger, and 2 vw bugs I would love to be working on... But since the 1st time the dually showed up at my house on a roll back when I bought it and I finally got it started and took it around the block even running as crappy as it was I was hooked so I have decided to work and put all my extra cash into It and even tho I have wasted a lot by doing things like getting a 38r first instead of going t4 setup and other things like that I'm trying to slowly plug away and build something that is fairly quick, super fun to drive, and as reliable as it can possibly be

Lowdown89

Reaction score
nothing really performance oriented but i came across a killer deal on a complete djm lowering kit thats coming of a boy down in charleston's dually because he is bagging it, so i snagged it for $300 the truck it is coming off is sick he just put a 2012 front end on it and its got a 2010 king ranch interior to go in it. im certainly jealous of how it looks lol because my truck looks like an ol beater

Power Hungry

Reaction score
Ol' Beater? I was think more along the lines of "Sleeper"!!! Haa haa haa

So I guess we're installing a lowering kit, too? Hmmmmm? :D

Lowdown89

Reaction score

haha sleeper works to, i guess since i havent actually seen it in person lately i forget that it will be just a little faster than it was before.... and i didnt know you were in the suspension bitness HAHA.... i already owe you half my soul for the work being done now i might have to do the lowering myself LOL which really means that it will sit in the garage for the next 2-5 years and i will bitch about wanting to put it on

Lowdown89

Reaction score

also the gears and install kit should be in my hands tomorrow and i should also have the new fittings from coolingmist... he said theres o rings in the fittings that you can replace but i just ordered a couple of new ones to be safe

Power Hungry

Reaction score
If you've got nothing better to do Saturday, I'll be at the shop. If you want to install the suspension we might be able to use the lift next door and you can do it yourself. Just pay the guys a few bucks for using the lift. In the meantime, you can bring the rest of the parts down. Maybe even take the truck for a quick spin. :D

Lowdown89

Reaction score
If you've got nothing better to do Saturday, I'll be at the shop. If you want to install the suspension we might be able to use the lift next door and you can do it yourself. Just pay the guys a few bucks for using the lift. In the meantime, you can bring the rest of the parts down. Maybe even take the truck for a quick spin. :D

im not exactly sure when im getting the lowering kit it hasn't came off the truck yet he just finished the front end swap, im hoping the trans shows up soon and i can bring everything at once i do wanna drive it tho!!!

Lowdown89

Reaction score
i wish i could find a used lowering kit. I've been looking for a couple of years now..

I was looking at his 05 front end swap he is selling but it was way outta my price range and then asked about the lowering kit, and well I couldn't pass it up. Im not planning on planting it in the dirt but just do the beams and lower the rear to match. I just hope it doesn't make the truck wheel hop now

Lowdown89

Reaction score
how about this, grab the lowering kit and ill give you 50$ for finding it for me :D

Haha, I am gonna sell the front springs because I Just want like the 3/5 drop so I'm just gonna be using the beams and shackles and hangers. As much as I love the totally stock sleeper look I want it to stand out Atleast just a little.. Sucks seeing all these kids with their CumminGs that are absolute turds but look nice so I want just a little show to add with the go lol

Latest posts

Members online