250/200s sooner than later.....

Jake P

Reaction score
Nice numbers! Makes me curious what my injectors are gonna put down when i get them.

On a side note, when i first looked at that graph i thought something was off considering that the lines crossed at 2650 RPM. Then i realized they are scaled differently :doh:

Power Hungry

Reaction score
So no gain from better pressure? Still 566 is awesome. I'd slap a s483 in front of that 38r

I updated the graph with numbers I took the same day before I installed the pump and after I installed the pump. Also, keep in mind that it was about 80º yesterday and humidity was pretty high.

On a side note, when i first looked at that graph i thought something was off considering that the lines crossed at 2650 RPM. Then i realized they are scaled differently :doh:

Yeah, the 2:1 scaling makes everything look a little odd. Your crossover point becomes 2626 RPM, not 5252 RPM. :thumbsup:

___

Here's a little test drive video... Just to make Jason :drool: :drool: drool :drool: :drool: a little! (Sorry about the wind buffeting. I forgot to put the closed back cover back onto the case. :( )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hL9drkh8Peg

Last edited:

Power Hungry

Reaction score
So who did the dual wheel burnout? Lol
I have NO idea what you're talking about. :lookaround: Actually, the one in the video is not from Jason's truck. There are a couple duallies in the area that are known for horsing around. I have a video of a burnout in Jason's truck, but just can't seem to find it at the moment. :confused:

Now... I clipped this video out of one of the dyno runs we did last week. Can anyone spot the problem besides the drop in fuel pressure???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWDQdpzhiBM

Last edited:

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Bill those 2 burnout marks was from me at the dyno day back in Febuary! I let her eat all the way down thru the back part there! I think you were still giving people rides at the moment, I will post the burnout video bill did last year in it here in a minute! And I gotta send the new gears,fittings for the water meth, and whatever little stuff I can round up tomorrow I have been really sick these past few days

Last edited:

Power Hungry

Reaction score
Water meth leak?

We have a winner! :D Yeah, the one time I tried the water/meth, it pissed all over the place and I caught it on camera. Thank goodness it showed up there because otherwise I may never have noticed.

Bill those 2 burnout marks was from me at the dyno day back in Febuary! I let her eat all the way down thru the back part there! I think you were still giving people rides at the moment, I will post the burnout video bill did last year in it here in a minute! And I gotta send the new gears,fittings for the water meth, and whatever little stuff I can round up tomorrow I have been really sick these past few days

Sorry to hear you've been sick. Take your time. I still need to get the turbo work done and tested before we go with anything else. No worries at all.

Feel better.

Lowdown89

Reaction score
We have a winner! :D Yeah, the one time I tried the water/meth, it pissed all over the place and I caught it on camera. Thank goodness it showed up there because otherwise I may never have noticed.

Sorry to hear you've been sick. Take your time. I still need to get the turbo work done and tested before we go with anything else. No worries at all.

Feel better.

I'm feeling a little better, hopefully be back to Normal soon, whatever that is lol what are you impressions from driving the truck? Does it need to go on a major diet to make it faster?

TARM

Reaction score
Isn't there usually a wider RPM gap between peak TQ and peak HP? Awesome numbers anyways!

IMO yes there usually is and tq peaking early IMO puts that much more stress on the engine. Having the tq curve look more like a gasser with a curve up to a peak rather than a sharp curve up @ low RPM and then flat lining out like a more typical 7.3 curve.

That is exactly how I asked Matt to tune my engine as well.

Power Hungry

Reaction score
I'm feeling a little better, hopefully be back to Normal soon, whatever that is lol what are you impressions from driving the truck? Does it need to go on a major diet to make it faster?

We will need to get the tranny in soon, but other than that it's a blast to drive. It couldn't hurt to shed a few pounds... maybe lose the box in the bed... but I think the 3.73's are going to help out a lot and the truck is going to be able to put more down on the street. You're definitely not going to be disappointed. :D

TyCorr

Reaction score
Thats frickin awesome. Is this tuned with safety in mind or is.this tuned with performance in mind? What Im really asking is.does the relative closeness in peak hp and peak tq mean that the motor is.taking a beating down low or is that an old assumption that just doesnt apply here? Reason I.ask.is.my truck is.headed this very direction. You will most likely be tuning it too Bill as Im running your tunes now and I.want to learn/start tuning.my own junk after I get to this point.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.