30lb of boost on 38R

ChunderDownUnder

Reaction score
leak test with turbo intact also, just to rule out o rings and housings.

shall do.
In regards to the dyno. Like I mentioned it was my first time and didnt really ask the questions I should of. Want to make sure I dont repeat that again. What do I need from my dyno. eg. a certain type. load etc.

Gearhead

Reaction score
get a buddy to film the tailpipe and go flog it down the road to see what boost does in 3rd gear on up.

Charles

Reaction score
If you want to make boost, go find a load cell. If you want to see how much power you make compared to others in a way that's immune to BULLsh*t.... then go find a Dynojet 248 inertia machine and make UNCORRECTED pulls in OD.

907DAVE

Reaction score
Yup. The piston rings on the cylinders with the valves open will leak down.

DocBar

Reaction score
shall do.
In regards to the dyno. Like I mentioned it was my first time and didnt really ask the questions I should of. Want to make sure I dont repeat that again. What do I need from my dyno. eg. a certain type. load etc.
Did the same thing at Bill's shop last summer. won't do it again.

ChunderDownUnder

Reaction score
well im stuffed.
after doing all that and putting in the WWII Im struggling to hit 15lbs boost now and my EGT's are through the roof. Have checked everything and it looks right. I had to replace my Map Sensor as well. Cracked the original while doing all this.

ChunderDownUnder

Reaction score
charged the intake again and sprayed at will. No bubbles.
Superglued my old map sensor and blew some air and no bubbles, so i put it on and went for a spin. Still the same .10-15lbs of boost and I can hit 1200 Egts before it gets into 3rd. Weird thin tho, it aint blowing smoke.

1ofakind79

Reaction score
That seems like a big drop. Most people that installed the WW2 gained boost or atleast maintained the same amount they had before.

jngreen

Reaction score
charged the intake again and sprayed at will. No bubbles.
Superglued my old map sensor and blew some air and no bubbles, so i put it on and went for a spin. Still the same .10-15lbs of boost and I can hit 1200 Egts before it gets into 3rd. Weird thin tho, it aint blowing smoke.

If its not blowing smoke, its not fueling like it should. I bet its the map sensor. I once had a crack in the line going to the map sensor, and itade it run exactly how you are describing.

jngreen

Reaction score
The clamp uppipes are 100% lined up and that clamp is tight? If so Im stumped.

It should be smoking quite badly if he had a drive pressure or boost pressure leak. It sounds like to me that the truck is not fueling to its full potential. I would start with sensor issues, pcm, injectors, tuning, etc.

Latest posts

Members online