30lb of boost on 38R

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
I'm bettin MAP if fuel pressure is good. Especially the way Matt tunes.

Replace the hose from the intake to the sensor and see if that does anything for you, since you've tried two MAP sensors.

Then take a look at the MAP pigtail.

Charles

Reaction score
I'm bettin MAP if fuel pressure is good. Especially the way Matt tunes.

Replace the hose from the intake to the sensor and see if that does anything for you, since you've tried two MAP sensors.

Then take a look at the MAP pigtail.

Problem there being.... why is the truck running hot...

Charles

Reaction score
if running hot like that with no boost, wouldnt that mean its leaning it out and not getting fuel?

live life full throttle

If the fuel decreases, all else constant, then power and temperature come down, just like you released your foot on the pedal a bit.

Op, what's your ICP? Does the truck feel soft and doggy when this is happening or crisp or what?

How do you make a truck run hot without smoke? Late injection? Entrained air? Low ICP?

jngreen

Reaction score
charged the intake again and sprayed at will. No bubbles.
Superglued my old map sensor and blew some air and no bubbles, so i put it on and went for a spin. Still the same .10-15lbs of boost and I can hit 1200 Egts before it gets into 3rd. Weird thin tho, it aint blowing smoke.

So how is it actually running? Does it feel down on power, or could there potentially be a false reading on your boost guage?

ChunderDownUnder

Reaction score
so you went from 30psi to 15psi?
Correct and now a EGT issue as well

thats not even close to the problem here... something is way ***ed up.

Agreed. Either that or I have done something wrong

The clamp uppipes are 100% lined up and that clamp is tight? If so Im stumped.

I have a telescopic camera I use for that purpose. The clamp and pipes are where they should be. Charged the waste gate and it opens and closes.

If the fuel decreases, all else constant, then power and temperature come down, just like you released your foot on the pedal a bit.

Op, what's your ICP? Does the truck feel soft and doggy when this is happening or crisp or what?

How do you make a truck run hot without smoke? Late injection? Entrained air? Low ICP?

The temps stay up after I take my foot off. Then slowly come down.
The truck definitely aint crisp. It feels like a truck that is only pushing 15lbs of boost. Its got no life up top.

Charles

Reaction score
I'm talking about the injection being crisp. Forget the turbo, the truck should run around fine without one and still be crisp, just not ever come up on power.

When you snap the throttle does it feel notably soft and quiet, or is it still crisp and clean when you rap down on the pedal?

If it's soft, that would help determine if you for instance.... had dropped the nut off the IPR and the solenoid was running to the back of the shaft.... or if you had tons of air in the oil or fuel....

Load up a program with the map based fuel table set to 100 across the board. That'll rule out a lot of bs right there.

Also, toss some serious pw at the injectors and see if things get rowdy in the smoke department or not.

For grins, just make sure the nut's still on the IPR.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
did you double check the ipr nut to make sure its still on?

run down of whats going on.
had low boost of 30psi
tore everything apart to leak test and after put back together its now a max of 15psi boost? that would make me think something on install is ***ked up..
runs hot
no smoke
sluggish or takes right off? i might have missed that part.
whats fuel pressure wot?
icp, icp dc, ebp, pw actual and desired? hell just monitor everything and post it up.

is it possible you may have gotten anything lodged in the intake plenums? but i guess it would smoke like a freight train if it did that. but again no smoke and its running hot...

live life full throttle

ChunderDownUnder

Reaction score
did you double check the ipr nut to make sure its still on?

Nut still on. No leaks to Map sensor or Charge system

run down of whats going on.
had low boost of 30psi

Yep should be hitting 35-40. Im also short about 100HP

tore everything apart to leak test and after put back together its now a max of 15psi boost? that would make me think something on install is ***ked up..

Correct - Also installed WW2

runs hot

Very Hot
no smoke
sluggish or takes right off? i might have missed that part.
whats fuel pressure wot?

No more smoke than usual. Fuel pressure is 60-65 and constant. Truck takes off as normal but lakes up top

icp, icp dc, ebp, pw actual and desired? hell just monitor everything and post it up.

whats the best way to save files on AE. Just tried it and Excel cant read it

is it possible you may have gotten anything lodged in the intake plenums? but i guess it would smoke like a freight train if it did that. but again no smoke and its running hot...

Im leaning towards the WW2. Should just tkae it out and put the original back in

live life full throttle

keep getting your message is to short. It really is pissn me off

ChunderDownUnder

Reaction score
charged the intake again and my boost gauge is correct. The slight leak down is coming out the green tube where it fits into the Garret intake tube

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
cant see it being the ww, as no one yet has reported a loss in boost especially 15psi... plug that hole where the green line goes in at and try again make sure it is for sure the only spot...

from a dead stop to wot does your boost shoot right up and stop at 15psi or does it slowly build up...

fuel pressure at wot is constant at 65psi?

icp, icp dc%, ebp, pw-desired and actual.... just post those numbers for now... at idle and wot.

ChunderDownUnder

Reaction score
this is at idle

idletest_zpsd04b9b73.jpg

Latest posts

Members online