6.0.4 revisited

Would you put 6.4 compounds on your truck?

• Hell Yeah!

Votes: 33 30.6%
  • Sleep on it.

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • Not going to waste my brain cells on this one.

Votes: 24 22.2%
  • The juice isn't worth the sqeeze!

Votes: 26 24.1%
  • My truck already has 6.4 compounds!

Votes: 15 13.9%

• Total voters

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Yeah I'd be pissed! I can't believe someone would let that leave their shop not to mention brag about how good of a kit they have. Not good at all.

Mdub707

Reaction score
So how did you actually burn that FICM up? I've only done one myself and it was from accidentally touching the case of the FICM while touching one of the pins with the probe from a multi-meter. That's what shorts them out...

Interesting location for sure though.

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
So how did you actually burn that FICM up? I've only done one myself and it was from accidentally touching the case of the FICM while touching one of the pins with the probe from a multi-meter. That's what shorts them out...

Interesting location for sure though.

Mike,
Yeah funky location, but since I don't have the top alternator it works perfect. I temporarily had the FICM tucked between my coolant tank and the drivers side battery. While I was tucking it between I tapped the positive terminal of the battery. I saw it arc, it even left a mark on the case. That was the last thing to do before starting the truck, when it didnt start I knew I blew something from that arc.

MorganY

Reaction score
Looks good man. Get the leaks situated, and get some vids and track times. We need to find some way to control the vanes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
I have a actuator half built using a vac/boost internal waste gate actuator. Waiting on a couple of little rod ends to finish it up, but they wont be here for another week or two...

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
Some guys over on the Nation were asking for a parts list so here is what I posted over there...

6.4 stock parts:
•exhaust manifolds
•up pipes (would need to be modified slightly would be included in my kit price)
•Intake manifold
•Turbo's
•Turbo VGT actuator
•Turbo crossover tube
•Down pipe (I used 4" flo pro)

6.0 stock parts
•Dual alternator setup for relocating alternator to lower position. If you have dual alternators you will need to remove the upper one. Either case the main belt needs to be shortened.
•E-series FICM harness

Fabricated parts (these are parts I can make available for purchase)
•Turbo pedestal
•Both IC pipes
•Pre-turbo to intake pipes
•FICM Mount

Parts requiring some modification
•6.0 PCM-FICM harness to be extended (this may need to be done in vehicle).

There are many other little incidental items that are needed to finish it up but that'a all the big stuff.

I got the truck back on the road today, she sure pulls way more than with the stock turbo. It seems like they could use some more fuel. WOT it is smoke free on the canned SCT performance tune, where as with the stock turbo, I would smoke like crazy any time I really leaned into it. I am quite impressed after today's test drive. Tomorrow I will finish up my temporary VGT actuation and I will report back with how the small turbo does cleaning up the fuel at the low end.

Shockingly the EGT's were INCREADIBLY low on my WOT runs today, I am wondering if I have an issue with my EGT sensor... I never broke 700*

Last edited by a moderator:

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
Thanks bud! Just remember that guide is only good for the wiring/computer programming end of things because we are using the secondary alternator from the dual alt kit as the new primary alt.

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
Can a moderator reset the the poll on here? I feel like too many options are overlapping, and with dyno #'s coming soon I think some people's minds will be changing in one direction or another. No in between's either "Hell Yeah" or "the juice isn't worth the squeeze"

Or should I just start a new results thread?

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Can a moderator reset the the poll on here? I feel like too many options are overlapping, and with dyno #'s coming soon I think some people's minds will be changing in one direction or another. No in between's either "Hell Yeah" or "the juice isn't worth the squeeze"

Or should I just start a new results thread?

There - the poll is closed now. No need for a poll either people will like it or they won't.

Also - I see you mentioning about selling kits..... have you talked to Garrett about becoming a sponsor?

Mdub707

Reaction score
Is the FICM relocation actually necessary, or was that more so because you wanted easier access to it?

Latest posts

Members online