6.4 compound setup non vgt

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
Corbin, if you really put this set-up together and don't get it live-tuned I'll be so disappointed!! LOL

The 110's should be able to be controlled wonderfully with a tune, especially if you get it tailored to the truck (part throttle as well as WOT).

I agree! I asked Aaron to give this rig to Eric for a few weeks after he gets it running good. Everyone that I talk to tells me Eric is THE MAN, and after running his X tunes, I am sold.

madman1234509

Reaction score
That's true I hadn't thought about that. I'd say go for it then. You can easily tune around the size. Id rather have to tune around them then not have enough.

CamTom12

Reaction score
I agree! I asked Aaron to give this rig to Eric for a few weeks after he gets it running good. Everyone that I talk to tells me Eric is THE MAN, and after running his X tunes, I am sold.

I approve.

LOL

Great plan, man. You're going to have one hellova truck when it's all done!

semperfidooordie

Reaction score
I would love to do something like this setup. Looks like it should be awesome. I'm pretty happy so far with stock compounds and know I'd be even happier with big compounds. I'm coming from a small non-vgt S464 single on a Dmax...and it was a LOT of fun!

semperfidooordie

Reaction score
Haha...that was with a stock turbo...ran the Cheetah (12.73 in the 1/4) not fast but good for me...then the S475 (way too laggy but it had the wrong exh housing 1.10 instead of .90) then finally before I sold it the S464 never got a chance to run it at the track with that

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Haha...that was with a stock turbo...ran the Cheetah (12.73 in the 1/4) not fast but good for me...then the S475 (way too laggy but it had the wrong exh housing 1.10 instead of .90) then finally before I sold it the S464 never got a chance to run it at the track with that

I have a buddy with an LB7 that has an S464 from Extreme Prejudice Racing. He loves it. Stock fuel with EFI Live tuning, Air Dog, and built trans. Truck moves on pretty dang good.

Charles

Reaction score
With such a tight first stage I would suggest everyone just plan to spin the sh*t out of the first stage from the get go. If you let it loaf too much it's small size will show. IMO..... that setup needs to basically act almost like a sequential setup, where nearly all the work shifts from the second stage to the first stage. If that is done, then the first stage being so small won't be such a big deal, and it'll just act like a truck running that first stage as a single with a nice 6xmm spoolup kit.

For all out power I would have to run a 80mm min, and preferably a 90 or more mm first stage with a second stage in that range. Obviously that would require getting it out of the valley. Which I'm a big fan of anyway.

The fab work and layout do look nice though. Shouldn't be too hard to package for most trucks.

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
Most of the fab work is done. David is an artist! And once Mike's truck is together and out of the bay, mine will sliiiiide right on in there!

SOON! My baby will be roaring again!

Latest posts

Members online