7.3+75psi+400cc=broke rods?

Short Bus

Reaction score
I'm not dragging anyone through the mud but IMO the are glorified cat ****. Had several trucks cone in with broke valve terrain so I got part numbers from HRT as to what's in my build. Direct drop in and absolutely no problems. My engine has seen 4500+ Rpms combined with 80+ psi boost when the twins were on. Going on 3.5 years now since engine was built, currently in the 550-650 hp range.

slim613

Reaction score
my truck will medaily drive and towing my mud truck to drags everyone once in awhile i gotta pull people out of the mud BUT it wont be up the drag strip but a few times to see what she will do and about 500-600hp i think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blcsmok

Reaction score
Why do you say that about 910s? Just wondering is all cuz a lot of people recommend them on a daily basis..

comp 910s are't made for a 7.3 , big block chevy if i remember right , they're a close fit as far as specs but they require shims, i wouldn't run or recommend them. They dont have as much seat pressure as the other brands , i run Irate and there a high quality spring no complaints, plus they are a beehive. If u want to spend the money hypermax did a couple tricks on the way they hook to your heads and lighten up your rotating weight.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I'm not dragging anyone through the mud but IMO the are glorified cat ****. Had several trucks cone in with broke valve terrain so I got part numbers from HRT as to what's in my build. Direct drop in and absolutely no problems. My engine has seen 4500+ Rpms combined with 80+ psi boost when the twins were on. Going on 3.5 years now since engine was built, currently in the 550-650 hp range.

Id take a pm on more info on that setup.

Why do you say that about 910s? Just wondering is all cuz a lot of people recommend them on a daily basis..

comp 910s are't made for a 7.3 , big block chevy if i remember right , they're a close fit as far as specs but they require shims, i wouldn't run or recommend them. They dont have as much seat pressure as the other brands , i run Irate and there a high quality spring no complaints, plus they are a beehive. If u want to spend the money hypermax did a couple tricks on the way they hook to your heads and lighten up your rotating weight.

So your saying UNSHIMMED 910's are no good? But properly shimmed to 130lbs are ok.

live life full throttle

m j

Reaction score
there is a lack of info on better springs.
people seem to want to capitalize rather then share the info

V-Ref

Reaction score
Yes. You hear about the bad when 910s work for alot of people and then you ask an alternative and everyone shuts up

These springs are the ones you want. Call Crower @ 619.661.6477

Here's the quote from WOP about the springs from back in the day:

"Hey Timothy-

I spoke with the spring manufacturer and got the specs on those springs.

Seat pressure is 145
Installed height is 1.935"
Coil Bind is 1.070"

Zane says there isn't a big enough cam in the world to send those springs into coil bind. Those are the same springs we run in our Dragster with our performance race cam and it's been over 5000rpms with no valvetrain issues."

i-xQzsznF-L.jpg

http://autorotate.smugmug.com/photos/i-sWbgvLJ/0/X2/i-sWbgvLJ-X2.jpg

http://autorotate.smugmug.com/photos/i-q9zSTQ6/0/X2/i-q9zSTQ6-X2.jpg

V-Ref

Reaction score

slim613

Reaction score
http://autorotate.smugmug.com/photos/i-DWfQDPt/0/L/i-DWfQDPt-L.jpg

$140 from Jake

OR...???

You'll need to nug out actual valve lift, and BP for your truck to see what you need for installed seat pressure and bind height. There's no magic to it.

Swamps has done a real nice write up on the math behind it. You might decide 910s are right for you.

http://www.swampsdiesel.com/site/pdf_instructions/7.3L_Stage2.pdf

il be runnin a stage one cam but not too hi in HP levels and only 45 psi of boost, gearhead recommends the 910 and i think the 0.030 shims ans bigger push rods just dont see many runnin a stage one cam but u cant use stock springs with jt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
I was thinking about getting a cam Idk tho

I would. If you have the engine out what can it hurt? If anything it will help you use the fuel you have better and help keep smoke and EGT's down. The air Improvements you can do to the engine the better off you are.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Depends on what size you go with. But most of that lope can be tuned out of it. I would say there smaller ones that do not need the pistons cut will not lope.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.