7.3 Turbo talk

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
What do you turbo gurus know about this turbo. S366 xl 66/74 w/ a 1.10 ar. Would it be a good match for 238/100s?

Last edited:

7.3 rocket

Reaction score
Does anyone have any information on flow rates of a modified h2e vs a GQSSB? I searched and couldn't find much.

I'll be running 250/200s and the truck will be a daily driver.

bigjake0524

Reaction score
The S467fmw turbo would be a very good one for those injectors. There are many housing options and it flows over 1350cfm. And has a larger turbine wheel so it will have a much better top end than the s366.

bigjake0524

Reaction score
No, it is a totally different turbo. The 366 wheel will flow about 1130cfm where as the 467fmw wheel will flow about 1380cfm. At sea level or near! The 366xl is a 366 wheel in an S400 framed charger.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
No, it is a totally different turbo. The 366 wheel will flow about 1130cfm where as the 467fmw wheel will flow about 1380cfm. At sea level or near! The 366xl is a 366 wheel in an S400 framed charger.

Ahhh ok, so what size injectors would a s366xl support well?

fords4life

Reaction score
Ok, well I'll throw my goals out and see what you all come up with. I'm hoping for injectors by March, not sure I'll be able to change out the turbo then, but looking at the ultimate end goal. I am looking for 500-550hp reliable(little back pressure as possible). My truck is a DD and I race it on the track as regularly as possible. I do tow with the truck, but its not a regular thing at the moment. I want to make sure whatever I do is going to be towable, even if major detuning is required for towing.

Current Setup: I have the fuel system and twin HPOPs so I can support any injector. I'm currently running a 38R. Since I've already got the twin HPOPs, I'm seriously considering a set of stock B-codes with 100% nozzles and a larger single. Offer up your thoughts on which single and if you think there is a good setup available for those injectors with a 38R as part of a compound setup. Yes....I'm running stock bottom end with forged rods. Trans is not an issue either. You can tell me if you think I'm off the rocker on the injectors too.....

Last edited:

Tonka350

Reaction score
I'm looking at putting a new turbo on my truck,....what would it cost to put in an HX35? would it even be possible? I found an awesome deal on one so I am looking at doing it. please let me know....my truck is a 2000....

Chad

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
Ok, well I'll throw my goals out and see what you all come up with. I'm hoping for injectors by March, not sure I'll be able to change out the turbo then, but looking at the ultimate end goal. I am looking for 500-550hp reliable(little back pressure as possible). My truck is a DD and I race it on the track as regularly as possible. I do tow with the truck, but its not a regular thing at the moment. I want to make sure whatever I do is going to be towable, even if major detuning is required for towing.

Current Setup: I have the fuel system and twin HPOPs so I can support any injector. I'm currently running a 38R. Since I've already got the twin HPOPs, I'm seriously considering a set of stock B-codes with 100% nozzles and a larger single. Offer up your thoughts on which single and if you think there is a good setup available for those injectors with a 38R as part of a compound setup. Yes....I'm running stock bottom end with forged rods. Trans is not an issue either. You can tell me if you think I'm off the rocker on the injectors too.....

Just say no to B codes! I think for a Daily Driver/ Tow Truck/ Race Truck, hybrids would be your best friends! Also since you've already got a 38r, if it were me I would consider putting something in front of it like a gt47 since its been a proven well running setup on a couple trucks. But if your not a big fabricator you might want to just get a t4 mount and a big single.

I'm looking at putting a new turbo on my truck,....what would it cost to put in an HX35? would it even be possible? I found an awesome deal on one so I am looking at doing it. please let me know....my truck is a 2000....

Chad

I think that turbo would be a bit to small, and definitely not worth the cost!

Tonka350

Reaction score
thanks man, what would you recommend for my current setup ( under $1500 if possible ) Im running superchips propane injection, rosewood stage 1's, PHP 140 extreme tunes.

Chad

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
thanks man, what would you recommend for my current setup ( under $1500 if possible ) Im running superchips propane injection, rosewood stage 1's, PHP 140 extreme tunes.

Chad

If it were me I would get something with room to grow into, assuming you'll bump up the injectors, and other things later down the road.
I'd go with a t4 mount, and a big s300 or small s400. You'll always be able to sell and go with a bigger turbo if necessary with a t4 mount as well.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

Chad

Im pretty sure you can still get a 38r for under 1500$ if you want to go bigger then can add an external wg and still makr good power.... same with you fords4life just gate what you have now and save on buying a hole different. Setup...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.