7.3 Turbo talk

SMOKEY

Reaction score
I am newer to doing complete performance builds on diesels but been reading up alot and would like to ask an experts opinion on a good 550HP DD tubo/injector setup with possible room to grow. Hardly every towing and truck never leaves sea level
02 EXT cab 6 speed complete groung up engine build

SMOKEY

Reaction score
238/100's and a GQSSB turbo make for a killer streetable combo very capable of 500+hp

I was thinking more of a 250/200 because it seems like it might have more of a range with the right turbo and good tuning but then again i am still new to all of this so i am still learning.

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
I am newer to doing complete performance builds on diesels but been reading up alot and would like to ask an experts opinion on a good 550HP DD tubo/injector setup with possible room to grow. Hardly every towing and truck never leaves sea level

I'm in the slow process of getting my truck up around that mark. I'm most likely going to be running a 250/200, and for a turbo I'll be running an s465 on a t4 mount.

Fl Stroker

Reaction score

I daily drive mine in heavy traffic everyday and love it. Can go from mild to wild with the twist of the knob. Be ready to spend some coins.

SMOKEY

Reaction score
Anyone running the Billet 468? Gonna be running 250/200's, so is there a better turbo option?

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
I was recomended the 468 instead of the 471 because i am running a standard tranny and was told it spools faster but i am also open to reasons why the 471 might be better.

That sounds about right, you don't want to go to big with a stick or you'll never have the turbo lit.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I have a 466 with 250/100's. Still trying to get everything buttoned back up so I can get some drive time on it. Went with the 66 for the spool up. I tow alot with the truck and it is a 6 speed.

I will post up how it drives once I get it road ready. Hopefully in next week or 2

Latest posts

Members online