a different take on e fuel

Status
Not open for further replies.

m j

Reaction score
It's more fun to keep dragging this thread out and see how much effort you two will put into arguing. Especially when I have no interest in how it turns out lol.

There is ONE banjo bolt in the whole OBS fuel system, and its not at the head.

If you want to see and OBS fuel system done right, I'll be glad to pop the hood and show you. It's a little dusty, though, because I built it back in '05.

effort? doesnt take any more effort to blow away your lame BS then it does for you to fake having knowledge.

there are five banjo bolts in an OBS fuel system, four are in the heads.

let see the pic of your hack job fuel system since you are desperate to share.

OldschoolPSD

Reaction score
Someone can't tell the difference between a -4 AN and a banjo...

I'm not the one who spent my Sunday crawling around under the hood of my truck so I could argue on a forum... I just woke up from a nap and checked my phone so I could have a good laugh.

old man dave

Reaction score
effort? doesnt take any more effort to blow away your lame BS then it does for you to fake having knowledge.

there are five banjo bolts in an OBS fuel system, four are in the heads.

let see the pic of your hack job fuel system since you are desperate to share.

Maybe you can post pictures of your fuel system so we can comment on it.

ghohouston

Reaction score
Someone can't tell the difference between a -4 AN and a banjo...

I'm not the one who spent my Sunday crawling around under the hood of my truck so I could argue on a forum... I just woke up from a nap and checked my phone so I could have a good laugh.

pretty sure youre the one who didnt know there were banjo's in the front of the heads. it didnt take me 30 seconds to walk to the truck, pop the hood, and look at the return hoses... go take another nap

old man dave

Reaction score
Let's talk about whats really happening here:

You claim to have an expert's opinion with limited knowledge or experience, so you assume that everyone else does the same thing.

Your opinion is fact and everyone else is out of step with you.

You knock others for taking stuff on faith and don't inspect the innards of your own stuff like your stealth or your injectors since you don't know what tools it takes to disassemble an injector without damage.[/QUOTE]

And still no answer for your actions here?

No ever appointed you as the interweb judge of what's relevant or not. You are as phony as it gets.

As far as being loney, you seem to be here alot.

Last edited:

Tom S

Reaction score
Guys, I do not want to have to jump in here as the mod but this thread and some other interaction is not headed in a good direction. I am all about spirited debate when the personal element does not become the primary discussion. I have some ideas on who is aggravating this the most.

Last edited:

MAFoElffen

Reaction score
Guys, I do not want to have to jump in here as the mod but this thread and some other interaction is not headed in a good direction. I am all about spirited debate when the personal element does not become the primary discussion. I have some ideas on who is aggravating this the most.
Please do. I have to agree. Fun is fun // But reading this is counter productive and just downright rude. Jeez!

I'm no expert <--> I'm still learning every day... and it's look's like I'll continue that elsewhere. (Or just lurk.) No-one deserves what is going on around here. I''ll think twice before asking a question or a comment here again.

The sad thing is some admitting that they were "dragging" this on for their own entertainment! That is just sad.
<Unsubscribed>

ghohouston

Reaction score
Please do. I have to agree. Fun is fun // But reading this is counter productive and just downright rude. Jeez!

I'm no expert <--> I'm still learning every day... and it's look's like I'll continue that elsewhere. (Or just lurk.) No-one deserves what is going on around here. I''ll think twice before asking a question or a comment here again.

The sad thing is some admitting that they were "dragging" this on for their own entertainment! That is just sad.
<Unsubscribed>

All forums are gonna have their neutrals, their old pros who have seen and done it all, their straight douchebags, etc.. you just have to take it with a grain of salt. Hell, I could care less about old man dave and mj hashing it out, it doesn't bother me a bit, but oldschoolpsd, is that straight douchebag. That bothers me. Even after I told him to move on from my thread, he continued.

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
I recognize there's a pissing contest going on here, just from my experience I've not run into these 360* fittings (aka banjo) in the heads of any of my 20+ 7.3 PSDs. There are currently 3 sitting on my shop floor, 95, 97, and 2000. Then the 2 in my trucks. All are direct screw in fittings.

Just my $0.02

ghohouston

Reaction score
The head of them is about the size of a quarter, and has a 1/4" drive female square in it. The two in the front of the heads are behind the accessory brackets, so unless they're off, you can't see em.

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
Sounds like the rail plugs.

1779175_585130758244273_1093859802_n.jpg

Heres how all the 7.3s I've owned send fuel to the heads. This a OBS 7.3 I converted to E fuel a few months ago. New lines but in the same location. If you'll look closely you'll see how and where they screw in.

Last edited:

ghohouston

Reaction score
I understand how MOST plumb fuel to the heads, but you can also feed/return through where the banjo's are.

Not my picture, but the red arrow points to the fuel rail banjo. There is one of these in each end of the heads, 4 total
s2bs5e.jpg

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
Of course....you can feed or return through any fuel rail fitting port. My understanding was that you claimed all 7.3s were plumbed here.

OldschoolPSD

Reaction score
Keep digging, you'll dig yourself out of that hole eventually... lol

A Banjo fitting (also called an internally relieved bolt) comprises a perforated hollow bolt and spherical union for fluid transfer. They are commonly found in automotive fuel, oil and hydraulic systems (e.g.: brakes and clutch). The main advantage of the fitting is in high pressure applications (i.e. more than 50 bar). The name stems from the shape of the fitting, having a large circular section connected to a thinner pipe, generally similar to the shape of a banjo.

What you have found, sir, is a plug...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online