Best injectors for the street.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
My truck is my dd, but I want 6.4 power. I was told 250/100s are my best bet to keep my truck on the road and make good power. But I was also told 250/200s can be tuned to run cooler...

I'm going to be running a s366xl turbo, with a t4 mount and my adrenaline hpop.

Keep in mind I have no intentions of hooking up to a trailer anytime soon. My truck is a 2wd so I was thinking 550 rwhp should be more then enough.

What is the ideal dd not worrying about throwing a rod set of sticks?

What do you think I should go with?

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
from everything i have read, i would go with 250/200s. i have 250/100s and they make great power, but sounds like with 200s, they will run even better

MINK

Reaction score
I would personaly go with the 200/200s, I think that should get you right where you need to be although the tunes may need some adjustment depending on how the adrinaline keeps up. Would be a fun setup forsure.

mattman347

Reaction score
You have more HP potential out of a 200% nozzle down the road. For some people/tuners the 100% nozzle is plenty. I would choose a good tuner that you are going to use and ask them what they are more comfortable tuning on for the HP you are looking for.

Cat_rebel

Reaction score
I run 275/200 hybrids from Unlimited in my 97, had MattR detune them to help keep my stock tranny/turbo alive. Haven't had a chance to plumb up the intercooler yet so I'm running the stock charger with 2" intakes. I have electric fuel with a superduty pump running 3/8" push lock for feed & return. Regulator is set to 66psi & it holds pressure under hard throttle. Smokes about like a Superduty with stock injectors & a hot tune & clears right up. Boost is around 30ish psi & EGTs never get over 1250°-1300° on a long hard run.
The truck still needs all the rest of the supporting mods but as it sits right now I have zero issues daily driving it. On the highway I cruise at 0-3psi & 600°-700° & got 16.5mpg driving from WI to MI. I need to get bigger oil on it because my little 15° is tired & it needs a little time to build pressure. But when the pressure is built up the truck runs strong. Rolling into it on the highway to pass someone it will get up to 90mph in a hurry & only be about 1100°-1200° on the pyro.
Simply put, I'm very impressed by what modern tuning can do with a 200% nozzle. I wish I had run a stage 1 or 2 or a smaller nozzle hybrid before this so I could compare better. But as it sits I don't have to worry about it too much for a daily driver. I still need to get my intercooler installed & plumbed up then work on the rest of the supporting mods. But like everything else....progress will progress as funds allow.

Big Bore

Reaction score
Pocket is running 250/200's and otherwise has the same mods as I do, DI RR, 38r and both of us are running stock oil at the moment. I'm running 175/30's. He has much lower egt's all the way around and has the 250/200's detuned enough to keep his PMR's in one piece.

As far as I can tell there is no reason to get the smaller nozzle and between 250cc and 200cc is there a price difference?

Based on the two sets of injectors I've used I would say a 250/200 is a good starting point for any upgrade and can be detuned to whatever a person wants to do, but still have the fuel available when they want to step up in performance, which most eventually seem to do.

TARM

Reaction score
You state you wanted something that will run well with your Adrenaline HPOP. If that is the case then you do not want to go as large as the 200% but will want to stay with the 100% nozzle. From everything I have seen reported the AD was not meant for injectors with large nozzles like a 200%. Of course the tunes could be set to deal with this but unless you are planning more power later I think 100% is a very good fit. If your main goal is going to be max power then go with 200% but then get ready to do all the other supporting upgrades as well for the power they can push out.

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
I know a couple trucks with 400/400's. They drive them daily, get great fuel millage, minimal smoke and can tow whatever they want and keep the egts down and the smoke at ease. Its all in the tuning

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
You state you wanted something that will run well with your Adrenaline HPOP. If that is the case then you do not want to go as large as the 200% but will want to stay with the 100% nozzle. From everything I have seen reported the AD was not meant for injectors with large nozzles like a 200%. Of course the tunes could be set to deal with this but unless you are planning more power later I think 100% is a very good fit. If your main goal is going to be max power then go with 200% but then get ready to do all the other supporting upgrades as well for the power they can push out.
This is what I'm worried about....

Is like to run 200% nozzles but if my hpop can't keep up I don't see the reasoning in getting them.

I'm about to say f it and get a set of stage 1s and call it a day..

Big Bore

Reaction score

Pocket is running 200% nozzles on a stock pump. He has them detuned, but at least he has the option of accessing that fuel later, and he has the side benefits of lower egt's while towing due to the ability to run narrower PW. I see no advantage to 100% nozzles.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.