Brute66 opinions

Carolina444

Reaction score
I use to work for full force, now work with Jake. We would like to see boost kept below 50psi for sure with the BASB but even there it is moving some air! 500-550 is doable on the BASB but in small intervals, most times I recommend this turbo for the guy who wants fast spool up, no smoke and uses their truck as a daily driver/tow rig. The guys who want to race or sled pull need to step up into an S400 frame charger for sure. Ill have to get with Jake on the numbers but the drive pressures have been lower with the BASB than with the 366 on a few customers trucks. Bottom line, the BASB is a great turbo and is reliable with the right tuning and small hybrids.

Matt was that you I talked to yesterday evening about the BASB? I've read a lot of threads on the basb and can't find one negative one.. I will be getting back with you soon to order up.. Thanks for the info

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Matt

Any update with billet wheel for the BASB?

Last time I spoke with Pius, he was waiting for the dyno results from H&S.

Pius stated that probably all the 64.5 wheels he puts into the turbos, are going to get the billet version.

Billy T.
[email protected]

mattman347

Reaction score
Matt

Any update with billet wheel for the BASB?

Last time I spoke with Pius, he was waiting for the dyno results from H&S.

Pius stated that probably all the 64.5 wheels he puts into the turbos, are going to get the billet version.

Billy T.
[email protected]

As of right now there is still a cast option for the turbo. No real dyno results that I have heard anyway but like with most billet wheels the benefits are there.

cjfarm111

Reaction score
Im running the HFSB with PIS 175/80's and i love this turbo. I know they cost more up front for the mount and all but you wont be disappointed with the results. It spools well with low egt's and drive pressures.

DocBar

Reaction score
Im running the HFSB with PIS 175/80's and i love this turbo. I know they cost more up front for the mount and all but you wont be disappointed with the results. It spools well with low egt's and drive pressures.
I've heard nothing but great things about PIS injectors. They will be making my set of 400/400's. I'm glad you're happy with you setup.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Im not sure Tim makes 400s...he claims the 400% nozzle won't empty the 300cc injector...

I mean maybe he will but this has been asked before.

And I called it Doc. You just lasted longer than I expected in ditching Pius. **** that. He aint that good.

Reaction score
I've heard nothing but great things about PIS injectors. They will be making my set of 400/400's. I'm glad you're happy with you setup.

I just switched from FF 400/200s to PIS 300/200s. It's a night and day difference honestly. They idle like stock now.

PSD POWER007

Reaction score
I gotta say, I switched from a 14 month old set of PIS 175/80's to a set of FF 180/80's due to the fact that my PIS's were passing oil into the fuel internally somehow. Not only does my truck idle better and quieter, but it runs cleaner and feels like it has more power as well. EGT's are down towing for sure. Just my experience.
I'm looking at the possibility of of doing a BASB with billet wheel on my truck in a few months. Love my 38r and IHI up pipe combo, but the Bell set up seems like the right fit with as much as I tow.

bruce

Reaction score
I gotta say, I switched from a 14 month old set of PIS 175/80's to a set of FF 180/80's due to the fact that my PIS's were passing oil into the fuel internally somehow. Not only does my truck idle better and quieter, but it runs cleaner and feels like it has more power as well. EGT's are down towing for sure. Just my experience.
I'm looking at the possibility of of doing a BASB with billet wheel on my truck in a few months. Love my 38r and IHI up pipe combo, but the Bell set up seems like the right fit with as much as I tow.

Dang problems with dyno proven and pis. You're just one unlucky dude

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score

If a set of injectors has an internal leak all of the above systems would go along with that issue. A loss of ICP will screw up any chance of having a good performing setup.

You also have a PM coming.

The Brad

Reaction score
I'm having the same bad luck. 200/80's, 38r, WW2, 40hp tow (live tuned)=1300* egts and less speed pulling 10k up a grade than with stock turbo/sticks. And a intermittent rough idle.

psduser1

Reaction score
Pretty sure any injector builder that has anything "custom" out there, has had problems sooner or later. Nobody has a perfect record.
That's where after sale service, maybe way, way after sales service can make or break a shop.
I'm running ff, swamps, and, hopefully soon, pis injectors, they work with what you send them.

All that bs aside, I'm gonna have to see what the fuss is all about with these alphabet turbos, lol.
My 38r s seem to do anything I need, but there is fuel available on the top end. Maybe a change is in order, lol.

ithumpwheniwalk

Reaction score
It is no longer a qssb or lasb, they are now hfsb and basb, newer designs

Thanks for clearing that up.. I believe I was mistaken in my post and am going after the basb after reading how happy gnxtc2 has been with his. I'm going to be towing a 30ft 5th wheel grossing right around 15k loaded, so I'm looking for something that spools well and stays cool. Sorry for the derail op!

Reaction score
Thanks for clearing that up.. I believe I was mistaken in my post and am going after the basb after reading how happy gnxtc2 has been with his. I'm going to be towing a 30ft 5th wheel grossing right around 15k loaded, so I'm looking for something that spools well and stays cool. Sorry for the derail op!
If you tow, it's an awesome turbo, Billy and I both have been extremely impressed and happy with the basb's performance. I tow and mines a five speed, so the fast spool is even more important to me

Latest posts

Members online