coolant leaking from head stud nut

Strokersace

Reaction score
Easier than you'd guess. I did new gaskets and headstuds on my old 95 several years ago. My test drive was an 800 mile trip to pickup a horse trailer. Empty 1 way and loaded coming back. Big Hypermax stage 2s, big oil, etc. Pushed the chit out of it from day one. 30,000 miles later with 90% of those miles pulling a trailer I yanked the motor to demod it before I sold the truck. The gaskets hadn't hardly adhered to the mating surfaces at all. I was very surprised.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Easier than you'd guess. I did new gaskets and headstuds on my old 95 several years ago. My test drive was an 800 mile trip to pickup a horse trailer. Empty 1 way and loaded coming back. Big Hypermax stage 2s, big oil, etc. Pushed the chit out of it from day one. 30,000 miles later with 90% of those miles pulling a trailer I yanked the motor to demod it before I sold the truck. The gaskets hadn't hardly adhered to the mating surfaces at all. I was very surprised.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
10-4..... the 7k I had where extremely hard miles..

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
this is the side that the coolant was leaking out the nut. it did try to blow at some point.
6a3ee18bb163ff34e495c0d8876b22e4.jpg

live life full throttle

swinky

Reaction score
not sure yet. heads and deck are going to get checked for warpage, sending injectors to casserly to see if anything is messed up.. so, so far nothing else.. he is gonna check over everything though.

live life full throttle
You pull this thing in workstock right?

Jomax

Reaction score
not sure yet. heads and deck are going to get checked for warpage, sending injectors to casserly to see if anything is messed up.. so, so far nothing else.. he is gonna check over everything though.

live life full throttle

Might aswell put bigger injectors.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Arisley

Reaction score
Don't blame you, good as that thing pulled being sick, I can't wait to se what she will do when she is healthy.

Can you trade some CPS's for some of the work being done?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
well morgan decided it be best to go over the motor with a fine tooth comb and make sure it was actually built right this go round it has been found that the block can be touched up and used.. i just gave him the go ahead to get billet rods. i dont want to go through this chit again...

live life full throttle
pulled this from my other thread too

live life full throttle

TyCorr

Reaction score
Honestly if it runs as good as it did before this last turd motor, id leave it alone.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Honestly if it runs as good as it did before this last turd motor, id leave it alone.
im hoping to pull a full season with it before i go to bigger injectors and hpop. i just want to see how well she does when healthy!! it will more than likely be next summer to make the full season but better late then never.

live life full throttle

TyCorr

Reaction score
If you go to bigger injectors (hybrids) you'll be set on oil anyway. Unless you go past a 200% nozzle. My truck ran fine and good with 250/200s and a 15deg pump when my srp exploded. Didnt even piss with tuning.

Latest posts

Members online