coolant leaking from head stud nut

Stroked777

Reaction score
That's why I asked if it was street legal you said it was a pulling truck and didn't know how crazy it is. If it's legal then just drive it. I'm not an expert but to me 10000 miles seems like a lot to get a head to seat right. I was out beating my truck after 500 miles.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
well, this happened tonight will out ***in around...
46b5f704187a5c0dc19379d05e267d8c.jpg
ead05395dc92ead8053fc777d26bc5f2.jpg

believe it or not, it wasnt even from the corner that the coolant was coming from... blew the headgaskets but on the passenger side rear outside corner and the driver side front outside corner.. oil spewing all over... poped two of the freeze plugs out and on in the rear. unless it cracked the block and its dumping out as fast as it is poured in then its just a rear plug..

live life full throttle

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
This sucks man.
I've followed your build since the beginning when you had trouble with freeze plugs blowing the first time.
Sounds to me like corners were cut at the machine shop for you to be having this many problems...

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
^same here. It's weird you blew a hg with studs, mine was seeing 70-80psi of boost and wot runs the weekend after I put brand new gaskets on. I would definitely something wasn't done right somewhere in the rebuild.

gnxtc2

Reaction score
well, this happened tonight will out ***in around...
46b5f704187a5c0dc19379d05e267d8c.jpg
ead05395dc92ead8053fc777d26bc5f2.jpg

believe it or not, it wasnt even from the corner that the coolant was coming from... blew the headgaskets but on the passenger side rear outside corner and the driver side front outside corner.. oil spewing all over... poped two of the freeze plugs out and on in the rear. unless it cracked the block and its dumping out as fast as it is poured in then its just a rear plug..

live life full throttle

At least you can find/found your problem easier.

Do you think compression entered the coolant gallery and pushed out the freeze plugs?

On a side note - from the Busch racing world, we drill a hole in the smooth area, beside the freeze plug for a 8/32 x 1/4 screw. Then put a small washer on the screw so it over hangs the freeze out plug.

Billy T.
[email protected]

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
At least you can find/found your problem easier.

Do you think compression entered the coolant gallery and pushed out the freeze plugs?

On a side note - from the Busch racing world, we drill a hole in the smooth area, beside the freeze plug for a 8/32 x 1/4 screw. Then put a small washer on the screw so it over hangs the freeze out plug.

Billy T.
[email protected]
well since it pushed out both rear plugs on both sides of the block, started to push out a front plug and blew one of the plugs out on the rear of tye block(or broke a dig chunk of block out of it) id say it did compress... its spewing oil out each corner of the heads.

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.