Donaldson diy intake

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Looks good. Roughly how many miles are these big filters good for?
must have missed this.. as many as you want to run. just blow it out with an airgun every 20k to 30k miles... i know of a few guys that have put over 100k on the 6637 filters...

live life full throttle

Platinum250Scorpion

Reaction score
must have missed this.. as many as you want to run. just blow it out with an airgun every 20k to 30k miles... i know of a few guys that have put over 100k on the 6637 filters...

live life full throttle
Daggon!

- A vet' that's gone from a 7.3 to a 6.7, tryin to gather info & help out when I can. New to the 6.7 & PSA. Please excuse my potential FNG ways.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
nice to see someone work on there truck vs just throw money at it. :toast:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
No effing wonder you were getting dirt in your intake
did you even read the entire thread or just asuume that the donaldson filters let dirt in? they dont. at all... unless there is a rip/tare in the media... not once has my intake been dusted on my trucks once sticking with the donaldson filters... only dirt/dust was from every cone filter made.. i tried them all.. then sold them to tractor pullers..

live life full throttle

ghohouston

Reaction score
did you even read the entire thread or just asuume that the donaldson filters let dirt in? they dont. at all... unless there is a rip/tare in the media... not once has my intake been dusted on my trucks once sticking with the donaldson filters... only dirt/dust was from every cone filter made.. i tried them all.. then sold them to tractor pullers..

live life full throttle

I'm talking about blowing out air filters. Yes, I read the thread, but I firmly believe putting 100+psi of air to an air filter, especially more than once, damages the filter. If we're working somewhere we can't get lots and lots of air filters at once, we will blow em out once on the big trucks, and usually replace em next time. Some of the places we work will clog up an air filter in a week if not sooner. Filters are cheaper and quicker to replace than rebuilding a motor.

PDT1081

Reaction score
I'm talking about blowing out air filters. Yes, I read the thread, but I firmly believe putting 100+psi of air to an air filter, especially more than once, damages the filter. If we're working somewhere we can't get lots and lots of air filters at once, we will blow em out once on the big trucks, and usually replace em next time. Some of the places we work will clog up an air filter in a week if not sooner. Filters are cheaper and quicker to replace than rebuilding a motor.
If you turn the air down to 30psi or so, you don't have any worries. Or use a shop vac.

On my 7.3, I would run a 6637 for about 50k miles. I also wouldn't blow it out either. Never had a problem with dust in the intake.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

good for you, prolly could have lead with that statement... and if you didnt realize what i said before is that the ONLY time my intakes where dusted is with the mighty super awesome high flow cone filters... NOT the donaldsons, regardless of blowing them out with the airgun..... so your comment about no effing wonder dirt was getting in is null and void cuz it hasnt happened with these filters.. unless you where thinking that for some ***ed up reason i was blowing out the cone filters then i would agree... but thats just as retarded as you comming in here saying no wonder i dusted my intake... which i didnt with the donaldson filters...

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
or maybe come in next time and simply say that i wouldn't suggest blowing out a filter with high pressure like that...

live life full throttle

ghohouston

Reaction score
good for you, prolly could have lead with that statement... and if you didnt realize what i said before is that the ONLY time my intakes where dusted is with the mighty super awesome high flow cone filters... NOT the donaldsons, regardless of blowing them out with the airgun..... so your comment about no effing wonder dirt was getting in is null and void cuz it hasnt happened with these filters.. unless you where thinking that for some ***ed up reason i was blowing out the cone filters then i would agree... but thats just as retarded as you comming in here saying no wonder i dusted my intake... which i didnt with the donaldson filters...

live life full throttle

I was referring to the 6637's and you saying people have gotten 100k out of em, and earlier you saying the 6637 filters dusted your intake (thought you meant you blew em out and re used them). I know donaldson filters do a better job. If it were my vehicle though, I wouldn't continously blow the filter out though. I don't see how high air pressure wouldn't damage the media after a couple times, or even once. And if you were to use a lower pressure, it would take up more time than its worth, when you could just buy a new filter.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I was referring to the 6637's and you saying people have gotten 100k out of em, and earlier you saying the 6637 filters dusted your intake (thought you meant you blew em out and re used them). I know donaldson filters do a better job. If it were my vehicle though, I wouldn't continously blow the filter out though. I don't see how high air pressure wouldn't damage the media after a couple times, or even once. And if you were to use a lower pressure, it would take up more time than its worth, when you could just buy a new filter.
unless i miss posted or i had a typo, the donaldson filters or even wix napa filters NEVER dusted my intake...

live life full throttle

ghohouston

Reaction score
unless i miss posted or i had a typo, the donaldson filters or even wix napa filters NEVER dusted my intake...

live life full throttle

I was referring to your first post, saying all the paper cone filters you tried dusted your intake at some point. Maybe I miss read it... idk, I guess I just assumed the 6637 was included in that catergory.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I was referring to your first post, saying all the paper cone filters you tried dusted your intake at some point. Maybe I miss read it... idk, I guess I just assumed the 6637 was included in that catergory.
ahh, 10-4.. the 6637 was not included as its not a cone filter..

live life full throttle

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Running big wood chippers I have to clean the main filter daily. Its a 18" round 24" long donaldson filter. All we do is bang the filter gently on the ground or a log while turning it. Gets 90% of the material out. Its surprising how well it works if you have never tried it. Safer then blowing them out with air. After five years I still have not needed to change the secondary filter using this method

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Running big wood chippers I have to clean the main filter daily. Its a 18" round 24" long donaldson filter. All we do is bang the filter gently on the ground or a log while turning it. Gets 90% of the material out. Its surprising how well it works if you have never tried it. Safer then blowing them out with air. After five years I still have not needed to change the secondary filter using this method
thats what we do with our dozers, excavators' and asv's

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online