Donaldson diy intake

morepower02

Reaction score
Running big wood chippers I have to clean the main filter daily. Its a 18" round 24" long donaldson filter. All we do is bang the filter gently on the ground or a log while turning it. Gets 90% of the material out. Its surprising how well it works if you have never tried it. Safer then blowing them out with air. After five years I still have not needed to change the secondary filter using this method

Exaxctly... I'm guessing the nay sayers have never farmed our ran heavy machinery. Farming we bang then out and run them. No issues...

Ipkyss

Reaction score
If only Ford ran there motors at 60% capacity like equipment (general statement) They would probably last as long too...

Randy_270

Reaction score
Nice write up! Would you be able to measure the inlet diameter of the filter please? I'm wondering if I could attach one of those filters to my S&B tubing??

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Nice write up! Would you be able to measure the inlet diameter of the filter please? I'm wondering if I could attach one of those filters to my S&B tubing??
thanks! its 4", hence the 4" exhaust pipe used to couple it all together.

live life full throttle

Last edited:

morepower02

Reaction score
Same as the old 7.3 intake Donaldson filter and a piece of 4 inch exhaust pipe. All a guy needs.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
what makes you think they dont?

live life full throttle

That statement was based more on the 6.0/6.4 where in international form the seem to be long lasting motors in medium duty chassis but rated at much lower hp. Ford then tweaked them to the power they wanted and well you see the result. And I say that as a person that loves the 6.0 still one of my favorite motors to daily drive. This new 6.7 is REALLY growing on my though

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
That statement was based more on the 6.0/6.4 where in international form the seem to be long lasting motors in medium duty chassis but rated at much lower hp. Ford then tweaked them to the power they wanted and well you see the result. And I say that as a person that loves the 6.0 still one of my favorite motors to daily drive. This new 6.7 is REALLY growing on my though
yeah, 6.7s aint bad

live life full throttle

Firebug

Reaction score
We talked about the No Limit intake earlier in the thread. Why not combine the two? Find a Donaldson element with a 5" neck in it and have the best of both worlds!

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I am making one with 4" piping , it will be available in the next couple days, but still available with MY exclusive AFE filter options , it will have a reducer so you can use the 5" filter I offer with all of my other intakes.

Firebug

Reaction score
I am making one with 4" piping , it will be available in the next couple days, but still available with MY exclusive AFE filter options , it will have a reducer so you can use the 5" filter I offer with all of my other intakes.

So will it be available minus the "exclusive" filter option? I'd love to run one, as the stock piping is hideous, but I WILL NOT run an AFE filter of any sort.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
is that the piping i seen in one of the pics of your truck in your build thread? is so, it looks way way nice! but i guess we wouldnt expect anything less from you.. quality is all you produce...
Nope sorry.
just skeered it would make mo powa! lol

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.