Do's and Don'ts of stretched tires

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
who said they get any more stuck? you've clearly not ran them because how biased you are. I have several company trucks with 16s and 35s and I'll say my truck gets out to the rig just as well if not better.

Eric@HoldersDiesel

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
Looking good is basically up to the owner. I think my truck looks great exactly the way it is in my avatar. I think many trucks look absolutely hideous with all the afternarket wheels and other junk on them. Josh mink's truck however I think looks awesome stanced out the way it is. Just don't stance your truck then put a 4" fender flare at every tire because now you've ruined it. But again looking good is personal preference as to what you think looks good.

I totally agree. I disagree that go less superior

Eric@HoldersDiesel

swinky

Reaction score
On a large truck like a Super Duty, it's not.

Problem is, if you want to take such a large heavy truck off road, you will be very limited on the terrain you can tackle without a lift. Your breakover angle is bad on such a long vehicle. I realize that a Super duty is not a Jeep, but I have the best of both worlds as I can go on most trails as long as I can fit between the trees, and I still have a large cargo capacity.

As an off road enthusiast, I love to see a vehicle that is built to be capable on thee trail. Seeing a vehicle that is build up as a "Mall Crawler" is hilarious, and sad at the same time.

Yes, I know, to each his own... well for me, that means slamming anyone who takes a nice truck and ruins it.

You just put an air locker in your truck correct? You're way beyond what 99% of super duty owners ever plan to do as far as off roading. I'll take the money you spent on "off road" mods and buy a jeep and a trailer and pull it with my king ranch on the ricer wheels. I'll not give one *** about the jeep (the way an off road truck should be) and I'll continue to have a very good looking imo super duty on 20x12s and rubber bands. That's just me though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

swinky

Reaction score
a3u2yryt.jpg

My 420s got me to where the buggy picked me up and that's good enough for me. Put a hurtin on that crown too :beer:

TyCorr

Reaction score
On a large truck like a Super Duty, it's not.

Problem is, if you want to take such a large heavy truck off road, you will be very limited on the terrain you can tackle without a lift. Your breakover angle is bad on such a long vehicle. I realize that a Super duty is not a Jeep, but I have the best of both worlds as I can go on most trails as long as I can fit between the trees, and I still have a large cargo capacity.

As an off road enthusiast, I love to see a vehicle that is built to be capable on thee trail. Seeing a vehicle that is build up as a "Mall Crawler" is hilarious, and sad at the same time.

Yes, I know, to each his own... well for me, that means slamming anyone who takes a nice truck and ruins it.

Not to piss on your macho, rant on ideals but what you're describing is taking a vehicle designed to tow and payload cargo and undoing the things that were engineered to get that job done. Those trucks are designed to be used on multiple surfaces and in that regard are offered with 4 wheel drive in the event that you come into.contact with a surface that has diminished traction you CAN continue to work.

Just because you choose to enhance one or two characteristics doesnt mean you are more.entitled to own a truck or bitsh about what people choose to do. I personally like my 20's for everything better than 16s or 18s. A guy could hang a big set of brakes inside a 20" wheel. Lets face it on anything larger than stock rubber and older superduty brakes start to show their weakness. My ENTIRE brake system is new and my 12 duraturd stops just as well.

Many people would.say you took a good truck and made it useless for its designed purpose. See how that works?!

TyCorr

Reaction score
a3u2yryt.jpg

My 420s got me to where the buggy picked me up and that's good enough for me. Put a hurtin on that crown too :beer:

With as much pavement as there is compared to twenty years ago, musclenuts theory about offoad trucks.being macho is about as relevant as making shti of someone for putting their boat on a trailer when they could just drive it instead.

I have seen some trucks with stupid, imo, looking wheels. So what. Its not mine. I have seen some trucks with awesome looking rolling stock. So what. I mean really, putting 33s on a superduty on wide wheels is technically better than the stock crap 90% of the time. A set of michelin atx's arent exacly great.

If you wanna put.pink Daytons on your truck you should. And I know hou would if you were so inclined.

swinky

Reaction score
With as much pavement as there is compared to twenty years ago, musclenuts theory about offoad trucks.being macho is about as relevant as making shti of someone for putting their boat on a trailer when they could just drive it instead.

I have seen some trucks with stupid, imo, looking wheels. So what. Its not mine. I have seen some trucks with awesome looking rolling stock. So what. I mean really, putting 33s on a superduty on wide wheels is technically better than the stock crap 90% of the time. A set of michelin atx's arent exacly great.

If you wanna put.pink Daytons on your truck you should. And I know hou would if you were so inclined.

I agree with everything you just posted. I usually don't though. Must be the Christmas spirit.

RedRice589

Reaction score

How dare you speak of michelins in that manner. :) i think 18's and 35's are the nicest ride and you can air them don nicely as well a good set of all terrains is a good setup. No need for a full offroader 90% of the time.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Daddyusmaximus

Reaction score
No need for a full offroader 90% of the time.
Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

I agree. I love to go off roading, but my truck is my only vehicle, my daily driver. If I want to go off roading, I have to fix it up to handle the terrain. I could build a dedicated trail rig, but 1. my wife don't want a redneck looking vehicle in the driveway. 2. I kinda like the challenge of hitting the trials in a street driven rig. That's a tough challenge, to have an every day rig that can wheel on rugged terrain. Here's where the tires become an issue for me. I have to drive extra careful on wet or snowy roads with mud tires, but I accept the limitation as I need the off road capability. I drive like a grandpa anyhow, so I can get down any road, and most trails with the one truck. When I see a lifted truck, I want to think "Cool, an off road enthusiast." ...but if I notice stretched out low profile tires on large rims, I know that this person just wants the look. To build the "look" without the "capability" is silly to me. I see some really nice truck out there, way better than mine, and I think "That's bad as hell." but then I think "If only they didn't put those stupid wheels and tires on it, that truck would be tough."

Just an old guy (I'm 50) thinking if I had that kind of money my truck could go anywhere... I understand going for a certain look, I was young once... I just think the "look" is fake.

jngreen

Reaction score
I'm confused, how did this thread become about off roading a superduty or making it a trail rig? I'm pretty sure it is titled differently.

Why do these threads turn so stupid? If you think 14" wide wheels are dumb, feel free to keep your opinion to yourself.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I agree with everything you just posted. I usually don't though. Must be the Christmas spirit.

Thats funny, because ive never seen your username in any thread that I post in. Thats cool though, i guess we all cant agree all the time.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I'm confused, how did this thread become about off roading a superduty or making it a trail rig? I'm pretty sure it is titled differently.

Why do these threads turn so stupid? If you think 14" wide wheels are dumb, feel free to keep your opinion to yourself.

Amen! I dont like every setup ive seen but if you take each style, there are always decently executed ideas in each one. I think its.great that there is that much variety here. I always though a lift and tires looked the best but alot of the younger guy s running leveled trucks with 33's is a great look.

swinky

Reaction score
Thats funny, because ive never seen your username in any thread that I post in. Thats cool though, i guess we all cant agree all the time.

I usually just read and don't reply. For sure though tires and wheels is one of those "to each their own" type of deal.

We can definitely all agree to not stretch a mud grappler on a 14 wide though. That's just fuggin gay no matter how you look at it lol

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

JrStroker

Reaction score
Here's a couple for you guys! Guess the wheel and tire size!

Attachments

• IMG_32593886962896.jpg
    IMG_32593886962896.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_32583135864262.jpg
    IMG_32583135864262.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 339
  • IMG_32572862823490.jpg
    IMG_32572862823490.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 349
  • IMG_32562867706303.jpg
    IMG_32562867706303.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 315

swinky

Reaction score
That's definitely about Gayy inches tall and Toolbag inches wide. The size of the wheel looks to be a Cockbreath X Cumdumpster

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online