Gfulton's Build

gfulton

Reaction score
What I ask Morgan and Colton for was a reliable 600 rwhp that preformed close to stock.Thats what I"ve got . I'm very happy with the results but after awhile who does not want a little more.

Maybe a vgt 66 not sure if a charger like this an option thats above my pay grade.....

Last edited:

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Shaft speed slows down, but when it slows down the added volume trying to be compressed in the same area is going to make more pressure inside the housing than before which is providing a torque in the opposite direction of rotation... That will increase the normal force around the shaft potentially causing more bearing wear and shear stress than the bearing and shaft assembly were meant to handle...on top of the assembly not being balanced from the aftermarket wheel.

In summary the way I see it. May be wrong, may be right, just the way I see it with what I've learned thus far.

I'll have to disagree with turbo balancing. I've watched and witnessed much bigger and more expensive turbos on the balancing machine with component balance only meet manufacturer specifications of .02in/sec. We're dealing with $200,000 vgt turbos tho so probably don't compare. Now regardless after that they still balance the assembly anyways to get it to .01. This however is RARE. and the sad fact is turbos from the factory are not as balanced as you might "think" .... mass produced. Even the $300,000 turbos aren't any better...

Most all manufacturers put a turbo together with balanced components only... I don't care what they say they do extra. LoL.

gfulton

Reaction score
Not yet, had a small hiccup about 30 minuites into the burn and had to turn around and get another truck. A plug behind the turbo backed out and caused a small oil leak.

Will dyno at the next available event and keep you posted

MorganY

Reaction score
941162C9-7F1E-45B9-81D2-01DD7F337823_zpsdoj1gesl.jpg

ACB86378-BCEC-4E83-9DEC-3E4D0512DB91_zps0gpogvez.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.