Input on Build #2

jdgleason

Reaction score
I put mine in January 2011. When did the first batch of them hit JD?

I don't even remember a date honestly. I know that Mal had the first or one the first ones they ever built, and he had great luck. Same with Erik's. His was another one of the first. But then you look at Will's (didn't make it 500 miles), A couple that Aaron have done, and a couple more of our customers have all had failures. As of late, I haven't seen one live.

We had one in stock and we wanted to get rid of it. Sold it to a guy that didn't want to go the dual fueler route... He was one of Haller's customers. His truck didn't get quite 500 miles before it blew apart.

Last edited:

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
We've done 5 in the last 3 months in house. None have showed any failure rate. I don't get it.

What do you guys run low pressure fuel pressure @ feeding them?

Sent from somewhere away from my desk using magic.

White_monster

Reaction score
He did replace his stock hpfp with a used II pump. His low pressure fuel is at 11psi and he has a gauge to watch this on. He could try turning the regulator up a bit and see if that helps.

Wayne

Reaction score
If you're running the AD II, and the Elite air dog assist, make sure the elite regulator is set at just a bit lower pressure than the AD II so the fuel from the cooler can actually return. Excessive fuel temps could cause a problem. If I remember correctly, the AD II can build about 14 psi with the regulator spring it comes with, if that's the case, max it out, and put the air dog assist regulator at about 12. Hopefully that will work.

White_monster

Reaction score
I'll get Pog to check fuel temps on his truck. I set the airdog up by maxing the pressure spring out on the airdog and I had the regulator in the elite upgrade at 11psi. Pogs going to turn the airdog up a bit and see. Pretty sure the II pump is just getting tired.

jdgleason

Reaction score
It's always been my understanding that anything bigger than our 110's (50%) would not maintain with the II pump. Mal's truck didn't maintain after he switched to bigger nozzles.

jdgleason

Reaction score
Idk we run 15 psi on mikes and holds 180mpa

180Mpa? Why are you running 26k for rail pressure?

Either way, maybe a perfect II pump might maintain 60% nozzles for a while, but all these pumps will wear out when they run 95%+ duty cycle to keep up with those nozzles.

Seems like our 110's left just enough margin for the II pumps to deteriorate a little and still maintain. To this day, haven't seen one not maintain 110's... until it grenades, anyway.

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
180Mpa? Why are you running 26k for rail pressure?

Either way, maybe a perfect II pump might maintain 60% nozzles for a while, but all these pumps will wear out when they run 95%+ duty cycle to keep up with those nozzles.

Seems like our 110's left just enough margin for the II pumps to deteriorate a little and still maintain. To this day, haven't seen one not maintain 110's... until it grenades, anyway.

Because that's what Erics tunes command and that pump has 35,000 miles on it was in my truck for 10,000 before I passed it to Nike with 100% nozzles on it and would hold full rail on xstreet 2.2pw

Latest posts

Members online